1st vape, need extremely high tobacco taste and nicotine level

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:32:11 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,
I'm thinking about trying vaping but I need a brand that will allow me to have a very strong tobacco taste and nicotine hit.

My ideal smokes (when I can get hold of them) is 16 tar 1.3 nicotine. I even have some 28 tar 1.6 nicotine smokes on the way . Smokes that feel like they are scrapping the back of your throat are my kind of smoke

So any vape needs to be able to match this for me to make the switch. As far as I am aware you can mix your own liquid, but other than that I no little. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I would prefer to keep costs to a minimum at this point (as it's an experiment), but spending to little and not getting what I want is pointless to.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:32:12 Mobile | Show all posts
Brands don’t really matter as it’s all subjective really, but one important thing to note is that when looking at liquids you will notice reference to PG/VG ratio, which you can read more about here, but basically a higher PG number will give you more of a throat hit and a higher VG will be smoother with bigger “clouds”, so combine high PG with a high nicotine level (18-24mg maybe) and you should get what you’re after. As for flavours, most stores stock a variety of tobacco liquids based on real brands or types so it’s really just a case of trying a few and finding one that satisfies the hairy tobacco monkey.

Do you have a local vape shop? In addition to offering knowledgeable advice most stores let you try before you buy, so that might be a good way to test out both the equipment and e-liquid before committing to a purchase.

For buying cheap liquids online, I’ve seen a lot of people recommend both these stores:
LiQuid E Liquid - £1 Incredibly Awesome UK Made Cheap 10ml E-LiQuid
Best E Cigarette, Vaping Kits and E Liquids Choice In UK

As for DIY liquids, hopefully one of the other guys can chime in on that as it’s not something I’ve ever done myself. I know it was really popular a while back, but I’m not sure how the Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) introduced in 2016 may have affected it.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 20:32:13 Mobile | Show all posts
I would definitely recommend sub-ohm vaping as it gives you the throat hit you get from smoking cigs.
A device I would recommend for beginners is the SMOK Stick V8 which you can get for under £30 and then get a tobacco flavoured juice which has 6mg nic then move to 3mb then 1.5mg etc...
Good luck!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 20:32:14 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for the information (especially the PG/VG info)

One of the things that had put me off was the huge clouds i had seen (VG), so the fact that can be controlled is a huge plus. I'm travelling up to Hartlepool next week and i have noticed a recently opened vape shop so will pop in and ask there.

I have no interest in reducing my smoking amount but rather looking for a better/easier way to get my fix. What would be ideal for me is a 100% PG ratio

The fact that you can (hopefully) get the Marlboro Red (US Blend) or hopefully Camel unfiltered (US) taste has certainly got my interest.

Will read more of the links and pop back with any questions that pop up

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:32:15 Mobile | Show all posts
You can definitely get 80% PG liquids, but I'm not sure about 100% PG as I think the flavours are carried in VG. I'm just coming back to it after going back to smoking for a while so my memory is a bit hazy at best, plus I only like high VG for the smoothness (high PG makes me cough more than cigs!).

The equipment and settings used are also partially responsible for the huge clouds you see people blowing. Usually high wattage mods (the battery bit), coils under 1ohm (aka sub-ohming) and high VG liquid are how they manage to recreate scenes from John Carpenter's The Fog. It's a bit annoying when people do it excessively in public to be honest, but vaping etiquette is a discussion for another time

As I said, I think checking out a real shop is your best bet to get you going.

All the best

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:32:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Think you should try this black note juice. Couple years old video but take a look i remembered this as soon as read your post "Huge throat hit" and almost mouth watering by the look of it lol.
Not so sure you should be on the sub ohm  but mayb depends on your experiment but think should get a simple normal cheap mouth to lung kit like the Kanger Top Evod or Innokin Endura T18e and focus on the real taste of the juice like black note(prob not sub ohm suitable by the look of it)
Or if wanted some control an istick 30w and nautilus mini (albeit slightly more cash but great)
The black note eliquid is derived from tobacco and probably as close as you can get.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 20:32:17 Mobile | Show all posts
Wow thanks @GMC79 the black notes is just what i'm looking for taste wise (the camel/marlboro reference got me very excited ). Are you able to add nictoine juice to it though to boost its level (i would get the strongest level but might well need to boost it)? I'm after the closest thing to smoking a real cig as possible. Do shops sell it or would i need to order it online?

Sub ohm doesnt look like its for me as you say. I just want a small cloud like you would get from a regular cigarette

Edit
How long do the batteries tend to last on the ecigs and how can i tell? I'm a 30 to 40 a day smoker, but i'm after something that feels and looks like a cig as much as possible. Would (assuming i can make the switch) i need to realistically need to buy two ecigs to get me through the day (would start with one)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:32:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Depends on the level as the 18mg is the highest you can get these days. And unless u can get hold of some 72mg nic which can't get anymore can't make it stronger.
An 18mg 50/50 juice is much stronger than cigerattes anyway or at least is when i make mine. Imo after being off the smokes over 3 1/2 years and occasionally having the odd one and odd roll up they taste like air compared to a good strong e liquid mix so i'm sure you will be ok.
Black note could prob be found online and buy the strongest nic level which is  18mg. (18mg/ml)

I still use my trusty istick 30w(but gave to a mate in need have another on the way from fasttech lol) and nautilus mini with my high nic juices every day along with a naturevape mini tank which is excellent too by the way.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:32:19 Mobile | Show all posts
Would like to add a couple of things on this though. I'd suggest it's better to think of the Black Note e-liquids as like smoking rollups as opposed to stuff like Malboro or others. Kinda makes sense that as you'll never get the dryness or the multi-chemical additions cigs have.
  Costwise, I bought a six pack of the Black Note to try out the various flavours. Just over 42 euros. At the moment, I'm just using one clearomizer fill and then going onto the next flavour. All reasonable so far. The Golden Virginia one is pretty damn good, and to close to a packet of the same name.
  Order wise, you need to get them online. I live in NL and was able to buy it direct from an official distributor. Just have a check on Google and of course take the folkies opinions here into consideration. On reflection, I should have bought one bottle at a time, as I'm trying lots of different products at the moment and don't know when i'll finish them. But for now, enjoying the Black Note.
One last thing I just thought of there is that the level of intake of vapour may be assisted by an adjustable airflow, which does exactly what it says and allows you to decide how much you draw at a time. Think of it as the difference between smoking on a really tightly rolled rollup and one thats a bit looser.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:32:20 Mobile | Show all posts
One thing to note regarding tobacco flavours is you don't generally get the burnt tobacco flavour like you do with cigs, it's more like the taste of the smell of fresh tobacco. I found this on my early ventures into vaping and in the end abandoned the search for tobacco and just went for a flavour I liked instead.

This was some years back though so maybe flavours have been improved.

Use magic Report

1234Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部