Back New
Author: jfinnie

Just a quick little vent...

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 20:42:44 Mobile | Show all posts
The beauty with vaping and what some do is have various devices, so at home some like to use big old mods and attys and get that nice dense vape but when out they have a Kayfun or a more simple single coil atty that is more discreet.
I think it's a mixture of a puffer being aware of his surround and those who don't vape need to learn that it's nothing like smoke from a cig.
I would say though the emphasis is on the person who vapes if I was honest about it.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

1:14 & 2:18........

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 20:42:44 Mobile | Show all posts
LOL.  At one point I was considering sticking my fog lights on...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
i do nearly 250miles a week and can't say the last time i seen a huge cloud out a car, 6 weeks ago mayb can kinda remember a little cloud popping out.
I for one don't want to be seen billowing a huge cloud from my TFV8 or similar out the window at lights, on the move yes who cares, do you? lol
Most people are probably the same. I puff my low power 18mg nautilus in the car. huge clouds and sun glare in the car could be deadly! lol. (not kidding despite the lol)

Use magic Report

I don't see the car thing being an issue especially with premium vents. by that point it surely should've diffused a fair bit. i understand your concern on the street but can't see how it's an issue in traffic generally
I switched from cigarettes to rollies around the time of the ban and instantly hated being near cigarettes. I still can't stand them. I was grateful for the ban because frankly it was horrible as a smoker (mainly hindsight), must've been absolutely sickening for non-smokers. I cringe when I think of the times I smoked in close quarters (tightly packed gigs) within licensed premises prior to the ban. How did non-smokers ever put up with this?!?! I was definitely an inconsiderate smoker in my youth, so I do feel that the occasional accidental cloud towards the odd person is far better than 10 cigs a night around 20 people for which I have retrospective guilt
Please be aware that vape clouds are safe and for every vaper, that's one less person blowing passive smoke near you. We know how bad passive smoke it, and your exposure to it now (plus vape clouds) is dwarfed by what you had to put up with pre-ban. Who knows what toxic fumes at what composition and concentration we consume within the atmosphere, especially in city centres and on roads, and whilst vape clouds are visible and so appear bad, they are quite harmless passively, very different from cigarette smoke (elements of which were invisible so still affected you even if you weren't within the 'visible' range of it).
i would like to think most vapers are not unintentionally inflicting the clouds upon passers-by but it's not always possible to control. Just think that every person you do see with one is making the effort to not pollute your air with more toxic chemicals as they would if they'd continue smoking, and that one day this tech may do something to prolong the life & health of someone you know and love who is fighting the addiction

I personally feel so bad/guilty chucking out clouds if someone walks into it/it heads towards someone unintentionally. They're not always there at the time of exhale but wind may change or they might emerge from around a corner etc. Whilst i believe what I'm saying in this post especially about its safety, I don't think people should be bombarded forcibly bombarded with vape clouds against their will. I'm still learning to control it. I wouldn't mind if it broke up like cigarette smoke but vape clouds are a lot bigger and travel a lot further in a clump. But if you hate smoking and inhaling passive smoke, take solace in the fact that within half a generation, this will virtually eliminate smoking in public, so a few (hopefully) harmless fruity clouds will replace the plethora of carcinogens exhaled in your vicinity giving you a direct benefit and a huge improvement in general public health
I'm currently at the point where I need to suck on it quite a bit to overcome my cravings - in central london at rush hour yesterday (on foot) I had sometimes inhaled and lights changed and suddenly 50 people are on my side of the pavement and I needed to exhale. I attempted to minimise the cloud but it's not easy. I am aware of this issue and am finding ways of both identifying the cloud's patterns and controlling my vaping so as be considerate. Remember some people (like me currently) may be new to vaping and will use it like a smoke, unaware or still finding their feet with regards to the cloud. It's not intentional, just part of getting used to the difference, and suddenly confronted with a cloud with different properties to the one they bellowed out for years
I appreciate it's not ideal but please do also consider the perspective of the considerate vaper - I smoked for 18 years/half my life with no hope of quitting, shortly after taking up vaping (within two weeks) i celebrated my first ever smoke free day and have been 2 full weeks smoke free since. and whilst we don't know each other, and you don't know the vapers you pass in the street, hopefully such success stories will make you happy for the health improvements they are enjoying as a result.
with all that's said, I do believe I'd act differently within the smoking area of a bar/pub/club. all in my vicinity there are fair game, that's an optional area where you expect exposure

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部