123456Next
Back New
Author: gibbsy

Wales to consider banning e-cigarettes

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 20:55:49 Mobile | Show all posts
I have never smoked and supported the smoking ban in restaurants but this is just too much.  E-cigs don't negatively affect me, they don't leave me stinking of smoke, why should we ban something that doesn't harm anyone else?  I support the right of everyone to smoke whatever they like as long as it doesn't affect me.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:55:50 Mobile | Show all posts
No will power, no sympathy from me.
Want to give up? then give up, don't bother will 'fake' fags or any other 'weaning' material.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:55:51 Mobile | Show all posts
I never wanted to give up, I still wanted to smoke without stinking of smoke and breathing in all the toxins associated with it. I just thought I'd try it out and I prefer it to smoking. I haven't touched tobacco for a year and a half and as a bonus I now smell of custard creams.

The only issue I have is that vapers will have to share the same space as smokers if they are say at a pub with an outdoor smoking shelter. Most people's perception is it's as bad as smoking to be around. I have always been considerate, the same as when I smoked cigarettes. I don't openly vape as I don't feel the need to. It's something I do when I'm sitting down and relaxing.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 20:55:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Whooa, whooa, whooa, back up the truck.  Are you telling me there is something I can smoke that makes me smell like a Custard Creme?  Is there a Hobnob version and where do I buy it?  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:55:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Didn't want to give up?
People smoke e cigarettes near me, still get the same comments  as if they were smoking real ones.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:55:54 Mobile | Show all posts
@SteakAndCake Custard Creams | Vaping King

No Hob Nobs as yet . I'm sure someone will at some point!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Would you then be a vapist?

Use magic Report

Which is exactly why vaping helped me stop.

A) the hit of nicotine was strong for me such that I only needed it a few times per day. And
B) I didn't want to be in the shed with my electric cigarette. There was no need and no point.

So I just quit like that.  For health reasons alone it is a stupid thing to ban it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:55:55 Mobile | Show all posts
I personally think that a few people here are perhaps underestimating the whole 'normalising' issue, which seems to be at the heart of Wales' proposal.
I remember when my wife and I smoked (both stopped 3 years ago), and our daughter was then 4 years old. She saw us smoking on the patio, as she came out of her playhouse in the garden. She then went back inside, got a crayon, and pretended to smoke. My wife and I looked at each other with the 'oh, how sh*t do I feel?' looks on our faces.

Kids that grow up in the homes of parents that smoke do view it as a normal, everyday activity that happened around them. Kids that grow up in the homes of non-smokers don't view smoking as normal. (I'm not saying this in a contrived 'I'm an ex-smoker' way either, I'm just stating what I believe to be the case).
Of these 2 groups, which kids would be more likely to consider smoking as an unhealthy, but a nonetheless normal everyday activity, and are more likely to try it, or even take it up in the future? - I don't need some government quango to tell me what my common sense already does.

If normalising 'vaping' isn't important to you, then fine, it's not, and nothing that a stranger on an internet forum can say will make you change your mind. But, if like me, you don't want your kids to grow up in a world where they can see people 'smoking' in any public place, then why not be happy to see 'vapists' join the smokers outside?

But then again, I feel the same way about drinking, i.e - if it's normal for little Johnny to see Mum and Dad legless every weekend, then how responsibly will he drink in the future? - Perhaps leading by example is actually really important, and not just a buzz-word...

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 20:55:56 Mobile | Show all posts
It really grinds my gears when people wheel out the, "think of the children" bullsh*t as carte blanche justification for yet another banning, restriction or tightening of some civil liberty.   

I'm not saying you're wrong about children being impressionable, but I just don't care, or consider it more important than a person being able to do smoke.  Despite what the media wants to tell us, children are not the centre of the damn universe especially other people's children.

Use magic Report

123456Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部