Wales to consider banning e-cigarettes

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:56:08 Mobile | Show all posts
If I think about it, then probably yes.

They are basically legal drug addicts, and their body cries out for the drug nicotine, one of the most addictive drugs we know of, and taking more of the drug makes you feel good again as it takes away the withdrawal feeling you get when you are unfortunate to be addicted to a drug.

If you do not feel this is the harsh reality of if, then you feel there is some other reason?

If it is, indeed nothing to do with the effects of the drug on the addict then there would be zero need to have any of the drug, nicotine in the product.

Perhaps then they like the look of it? The cigarette and smoke patterns are visually appealing?

Or they feel like they need to do something to be accepted in the group?

As I said, if it's just something in your mouth, then why use a cigarette or fake one?

It's simply a drug addiction, you can put any kind of gloss on it you wish, it won't change that.
If it's not a drug addiction, something to do with your hands, then you could use something else.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 20:56:09 Mobile | Show all posts
But there isn't anything fundamentally wrong with being an addict.  If the addiction brings pleasure and is manageable so that the addict can function independently, their behaviour does not negatively harm others, and they can financially support their habit without crime, there isn't a problem.

Sure, you can see it as a character flaw but we're all flawed.  To use use the word addict as some kind of shortcut for "bad" or "wrong" seems slightly short-sighted to me.  Non addicts steal, drink drive, or act like dicks.  Anti social behaviour is not mutually exclusive to addicts.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:56:10 Mobile | Show all posts
Is it the same Wales that was quite happy to allow it's citizens to breathe coal dust? In fact, got pretty annoyed when they were no longer allowed to. Surely not.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:56:11 Mobile | Show all posts
Indeed yes, I totally agree with you
Your life, and if you wish to do something, and is harming no one else, then yes, 100% agree, you should be free to do as you wish.

Naturally, given that Nicotine is deemed to be harmful to others who breath it in that are not smokers, I also fully agree with the banning of it in public places.

In an ideal world a smoker would be considerate and not smoke around none smokers as they would accept this fact, but humans in general don't tend to act this way generally and do at "they" want, so sadly a banning law seems to be the only thing that would have an effect.

Going back to me earlier point, there then is, in real life, a bit of an issue then regards producing for sale "fake" products that get around the law, but still visually look like the banned item.

Nicotine patch would be fine, some gum would be fine, even an inhaler would be fine, but trying to police a ban, when people are publicly using a visual copy of the banned item is pretty tricky.

As I said, if you ban smoking in cars with children, which I think even most responsible smokers think is a good thing for the child, and is going to happen sooner rather than later, then realistically how will an officer be expected to uphold such a law if the driver is using a fake product that looks similar to a cigarette and also emits a smoke like substance also.

It's pretty unworkable.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 20:56:12 Mobile | Show all posts
You could substitute that for anything...a very lazy and rather judgemental way of looking at things...Not least still avoiding they key point...Why ban it?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:56:13 Mobile | Show all posts
Well I think you are generalising, I smoke once or twice a week. Gonna watch a film later and have a puff on my new ecigarette... Does that make me an addict? No... Oh I have a drink about once a week, does that make me an alcoholic?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:56:14 Mobile | Show all posts
A justification for it I can see is to prevent passive inhalation of nicotine, if that is a possibility.  Does all the nicotine get absorbed by the vaper or does any of it get released into the surroundings? e.g. in exhaled air? What else if anything gets exhaled?

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 20:56:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Ah, a much better of approaching the discussion I think...

passive inhalation of nicotine is a theoretical possibility. I haven't heard of it being measured yet. The contents of the liquid is  nicotine, water and propylene glycol. Water and propylene glycol being used by most people very regularly...A little bit of the liquid gets heated up and vaporised which then can get into your lungs for easy absorption in your bloodstream. Yes when you exhale there could be traces there...I would find it hard to belief that there is enough there to make other passive inhalers addicted to Nicotine...which is the only bad part of Nicotine its addictive nature...although it is also easy to get off it as well...

The good part of Nicotine is how it works with fat cells and lipolyses...So perhaps it is a shame that you don't really get it in a passive way....Makes the people thin around you But ultimately it is totally harmless...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:56:16 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm reluctant to post in this discussion as I've promised myself not to get involved in internet chat with strangers where people have strong opposing opinions but this is something we were discussing in the pub only the other day so I'm interested to hear peoples thoughts.

Those of you that would like to see a ban on the public use of ecigs based on the possibility of potential 'second hand vape' containing nicotine, would you also like to see a ban on using cars for leisure purposes due to the danger of inhaling any nasties from an exhaust as you walk by? We all know you can top yourself inhaling exhaust fumes but I'm reasonably confident it would be impossible to vape yourself to death no matter how crazy a set up you have. Given the choice would you rather sit on a bench next to someone vaping or on a bench next to a queue of traffic trying to get into carpark?

Just to be clear and avoid sidetracking, I realise plenty of people can't live (to a point) without a car but I'm sure no one on here would be daft enough to suggest all the cars on the road today are 100% necessary. Plenty are purely for pleasure, just like vaping.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:56:17 Mobile | Show all posts
Its a good analogy,  and I think we all believe that vaping needs regulations,  It is not without its dangers but this is not due to passive vaping more due too issues around battery/mod safety and liquid ingredients that needs to be regulated however this shouldn't be done by big pharmaceutical and the government but by independent agency's.

Use magic Report

123456Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部