Back New
Author: blankscreen

Ex Smoker Advice

[Copy link]
 Author| 26-11-2019 20:57:12 Mobile | Show all posts
i'd be up for that tbh, having spent the flight hime from the Dominican Republic sneezing my head if due to some over active or should i say vicious perfumery lashed on with a roller.

when i smoked i don't remmember smelling the fumes, but i did get hyper sensitive after i stopped. Made me evangelistic, nobody is allowed to smoke in my house or vehicles. if they must smoke then they have to go outside 25 feet from the house, and i avoid going smokers homes and travelling in their vehicles.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:57:13 Mobile | Show all posts
Haha...don't get me started on my thoughts on those people that start spraying smell around during the last hour of a long flight. Lets just say it's probably a good job you can't open the windows as there has been multiple occasions when I may have thrown people out of them!

As for smokers, even though I quit, I come down on their side every time.  I don't like my clothes to smell but I have no problem with the smell of smoke at all. Pubs use to smell so much better in the good old days!

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 20:57:14 Mobile | Show all posts
For some reason you are thinking that ecigs are a way of quitting but you have their purpose completely wrong.
They are a way of continuing to enjoy the habit but without some of the side effects and chemicals from normal cigs.
We all know inhaling any chemical is not good for you, but with ecigs you have a choice where many will enter you without your consent.

While it's great you have given up you will be wasting your time on this forum with your ideas what ecigs are about.

People enjoy the habit of ecigs, just like their sporty vehicles to drink. None are good for your health but people enjoy them.

Personally I think you are on a wind up and have seen an opportunity Alan. Ex smokers generally have a high regard to their own preferences and will often beat the drum on how bad cigarettes are but as with most things the choice was yours to start with. You can't turn back time, you can't alter the damage smoking may have done to you but it's all about your choice to smoke.
Ecigs are not a method to kick the habit. How they are designed to either glow or have led readouts is purely a marketing opportunity to give those a choice on what they use.

Perhaps it's worth you learning a bit more about ecigs, various liquids and so on so you can make a fair judgement on them. Remember not all liquid produces smells or even vapour that's visible.

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 20:57:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Not sure i want to research later alternatives as i have dine without fir many years. If it is a case you want to smoke fags, e-cigs your personal prerogative. Thus thread is about giving up i.e. to be totally clean just as i did. Having failed many times using gradual cut down method. i decided to zero in on why and where i personally was failing, and techniques to stop it occuring.

So I think you have missed my point, the compulsive habit of just toying with a cigarette is to my mind as much part of the addiction, why my advice is to remove all subconcious triggers and that includes e-cigs, and i can't see how you can argue having a mimic fag is not partky a substiute to occupy your hands having thriwn away your fags.

If i was giving up today perhaos i'd try them, but from experience of low tar strength cigarettes. it would i feel leed to failure.

Alan

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 20:57:16 Mobile | Show all posts
As this part of the forum is all about ecigs which as you point out is not a subject you wish to discover there is a thread on GC about packing in the habit.
Anyone giving up the FAGS...!!!! Part II | Page 5 | AVForums

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:57:17 Mobile | Show all posts
I think you have perhaps also missed my point. What you appear to be saying is ecigs are a poor substitute for a real cigarette and we are simply using them in an attempt to keep off the traditional smokes that we really want. That may be the case for some people as was indeed the case for me at first but as soon as I got a half decent device, my interest in a real smokes went out of the window. In fact if medical facts proved ecigs and smokes were equally dangerous and I had to choose one or the other, I would take decent ecigs every time.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 20:57:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Right guys,  been keeping a eye on this thread and it has been pointed out this is a sub forum for E-Cigerettes where advice will be given on things pertaining to this subject,  there is a forum linked in this thread specifically about giving up smoking where this thread would be better placed.   

Whilst I value your opinions on both quitting smoking and your thoughts on e-cigs this thread is turning into a bit tit for tat.   There are arguments for and against various options in regards to stopping smoking or alternative ways of nicotine delivery.

I will not censor opinions (unless they are deemed offensive or harassing) as I feel debate is necessary on this subject,  however as you say your trying to offer advice about quitting methods,  the problem with that is everyone will be different, people have different levels of addiction and some repeatedly fail.

Whilst In my opinion I don't really see e-cigs as a Cessation option its not too say it cannot be used as such due to the availability of 0 nicotine eliquids and varying strength liquids.   What E-cigs do however and I think we all agree with is they clean up the nicotine delivery removing the poisons and carcinogens that traditional tobacco smoke delivers,  don't taste foul like nicotine gums and don't overdose you on nicotine like many of the patches do.    Then we factor in cost and it becomes even more attractive to the person wishing to become healthier/potentially quit.

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 20:57:19 Mobile | Show all posts
Please shift this thread to a more suitable heading.

I did not mean to distract from the e-cig forum section, i'd suggest a fair percentage of smokers wanting to give up turn to e-cigs as an aid to give up all together, why i though faur to comment here.

Even to E-cigs have merits and can be far safer than faggs, example they are less likeky to be carelesly thrownout of car windows. On a hot summers day in an old banger Morris Cowley, with no air con and stuck in a que, i had the windows wide open. Someone from the other side flicked out a butt, it sailed straight through my window and down the back of my shirt like a guided wasp.
if i moved forward it dropped further down, finally i had grit my teeth grab the hanbrake and exit the car.

The butt then got past my waist band and into my pants lodged up against my - well use your imagination. So i dropped my strides and pants in the middle of the road performing this strange jig. To realise there was a transit full of WPC's two cars back falling about laughing the spectacle.

You see many drivers fsg in mouth, car full of kids i'd assume this is far less harmful if vaping.

Enough vids on YouTube showing them exsploding, but aganst fires caused by smouldering dog ends in furnature, perhaps they have actually passivky saved untold lives.

Use magic Report

Author| 26-11-2019 20:57:20 Mobile | Show all posts
i remember at the time i was trying desoerately to give uo, i tried menthol cigs, (are they now banned?). i did not like them at all, idea was to help in times of real craving to stop me from 'just having another one'. from those i have spoken to that want to give up completely or not, they seem to have gained ground.

e-sigs come in many designs, do you get the same issue's as smoking a pipe? I tried one for a while found having been alight for a while it is a mistake to let the stem rise so a foul liquid gunk runs into your mouth when looking up - i will never forget that taste!

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部