View: 2372|Reply: 148

Anyone used Expedite Electronics

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 21:29:44 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Anyone used the above company as they seem to have some good prices. Just wondering if they are asia based and there would be vat and duty to pay on top.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 21:29:45 Mobile | Show all posts
I was wondering about them too. Looking at the site, their prices and the lack of hits on the web in general just makes me feel a little uneasy about who they are and where they are. Some of their prices are on the edge of being a little "... too good to be true".
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 21:29:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Just run a whois on the domain and their hosting site is based in HK.

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 21:29:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Just
Look

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 21:29:48 Mobile | Show all posts
I have concerns about this company. No phone number or address given either in the 'About Us' or 'Contact Us' pages or within T&C's. They want payment by PayPal.  I have fallen for this once before. Prices look really good. Just enough to lure you in......decided to avoid this site.....

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 21:29:49 Mobile | Show all posts
A Hotdeals entry was marked as spam and deleted.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 21:29:50 Mobile | Show all posts
They're also a seller on amazon now, but aren't covered by the A to Z guarantee... Surely amazon do some background on sellers?

crabby

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 21:29:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi all, I read this thread last night before I took the plunge in buying a new phone from Expedite. I made the decision to go ahead and do it, more so because payment made via paypal. The Expedite website does say that all customs charges etc are all sorted so price you see is the price you pay (Big issues with people buying from other companies based in Hong Kong then getting stung with vat and customs charges). Also, the paypal payment details are for a company called Magifresh Limited - I looked them up and they are an electronics outfit based in Hong Kong but seem legit enough. When I paid for my order, the status stayed on processing (you can log in to their site and check orders etc) but this morning it has changed to complete. I think and hope that this is a decent site. Probably a smaller outfit in HK starting out and copying T C from other established electronics sites! Anyway, I  will let you know when (if!) I receive my phone but hope that other people can add their experiences to this thread so that anyone considering buying from them can judge whether or not they are any good.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 21:29:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Signed up to post this message because this was the only discussion about Expedite that I could spot when I looked them up. Thought I'd say something about my experience. I'm the same J69 as on OcUK and various car forums.

I also came across them through the 'Product Ads from External Websites' on Amazon. Nexus 7 was a clear £15 cheaper from them so I thought I'd have a search around to try and find anything out about the company. Nothing except for this thread and some Facebook pages which were only advertising. I figured the same thing as crabby ^ about Amazon checking backgrounds on their external sellers, so I decided to take a risk anyway since. The Paypal payment seemed to be covered by Paypal's buyer protection guarantee. Took screenies of all the pages along the way just in case.

Nexus 7 has arrived and appears to be completely above board, and legit. Latest model as expected, brand new, preloaded with Android 4.4 and default language in English. Shipping took one week, arrived by Parcelforce at my work address in good condition and it was dispatched from an address in West Drayton, Middlesex. No hidden extras to pay.

So they seem to be legitimate. Don't ask me how they sell everything so cheap. I think the risk you take with them is probably with customer services because the phone number is not English and the website is registered in Hong Kong if you look it up, as mentioned above. I don't know how easy returns etc might be if anything goes wrong, but consider I was just going to buy it from John Lewis at £239 and be done with while Expedite had it for £185...

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 21:29:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Don't go near them; they are the same company as (or related to) Simply Electronics.
Loads of prior threads about them in the Digital Photography section of AVF, e.g.
Refund from simply electronics | AVForums

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部