Persona 4 - buff   heal, stories a bit emo sometimes
XCOM - FE comfortably beats it in most departments
FO3/NV - Neither build atmosphere and likebility of characters like JRPGs
Bravely Default - last 1/3 of the game was crap
ME 2 - currently playing

What're yours?

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 22:36:39 Mobile | Show all posts
now the last 10 years is tricky as alot of my favorite games came out before that

my favorite game is mass effect 1 which technically i played the ps3 version first which came out in 2012 does that still count?

mass effect 3
mass effect 2
beyond two souls
fallout 3
dead space
last of us
bioshock infinite
south park stick of truth
alien isolation
prey

honorable mentions
infamous 2
metal gear solid 4
batman arkham asylum
fallout new vegas
until dawn
heavy rain
resistance fall of man 3
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 22:36:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Awesome list! I haven't played dead space yet. Should that be next up after ME2?

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 22:36:41 Mobile | Show all posts
no mass effect 3 should be after mass effect 2 i concluded the story and uses the save game from your previuos two games

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Farcry 3
Batman trilogy (rocksteady)
Zelda BOTW
Super Mario Odyssey
Rocket League
Forza Horizon
Driveclub
Wipeout Omega Collection

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
The Last of Us
MarioKart 8
God of War 3
Grand Theft Auto 5
Uncharted 2
Zelda BoTW
Super Mario 3D Word
Forza 7
Forza Horizon
Zelda a Link Between Worlds

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
some games ive enjoyed over the last 10 years - some are old but ive replayed them a tone of times.

witcher 3 - ps4 (only game ive ever bought dlc for - would love to see more witcher)
mgs 4 - ps3
metal gear collection - ps3
metal gear rising - ps3
bf4 (online only) - ps4
wolfenstine - ps4
unchared 4 - ps4
zero project dawn - ps4
far cry 3 - ps3
gta5 - ps4
.. if i could have number 11, i would add tomb raider(ps3)

my biggest disappointment was mgs5. i completed it but it didnt even feel like a metal gear game.

Use magic Report

hmm 10 years is difficult

Battlefield BC2
Fable 2
Unchartered 2
Zelda BOTW
GTA 5
Team Fortress 2
Civilisation 5
Call of Duty MW 2
Gears of War
Sim City

loads of others deserve a mention, and a few I've probably spent more time on  like the Forza series, others I've ignored because really I've hammered other versions in previous years like Mario Kart and suchlike. Looking at the list it does make me feel that not much has really come up this generation to really capture my imagination and give me a wow moment yet, although sea of thieves and fortnite might make it at some point in the future depending on future content. Did play with the idea of putting Destiny on the list but decided it just didn't blow my mind as much as the other shooters on there - BFBC2 mainly because it was in Nvidia 3d vision.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:36:42 Mobile | Show all posts
I've had to go for 12 and could have added quite a few more.

In no particular order:

Demons Souls – In a word - awesome. Completely redefined the 3rd person action genre in my opinion. No button mashing. Hard as nails and got even harder the more you died. Insane!! Dark Souls might be a slightly better experience but, this gets the nod because, a) it was the first and, b) was a harder game because of that.

GTA V – Fantastic game. Improved on the dullness of 4 and was the best GTA since Vice City. High praise indeed.

Zelda Breath of the Wild – Game of the year 2017 by a mile. The best Zelda game ever made and one of the best games of all time.

Witcher 3 – This game was colossal with graphics to die for and a story and battle system which was both varied and intense.

The Last of Us – Superb game which left a lasting impression long after it ended. Can't wait for the second instalment.

The Climb – Might not be the most polished or best AAA title on the list but, for simply what it achieved in VR – it was astounding. Never have I seen so many people wobble, sway, duck and reach as when playing this game. A short but, unbelievable experience.

Uncharted 2 – Drakes best outing by a mile and one of the best games going.

Far Cry 3 – After the abysmal FC2 (why was it so bad?), Far Cry 3 redeemed itself with the best in the series since the first.

Left 4 Dead 2 – The best 4 player coop game in existence. Intense, frenetic and totally brilliant, especially in a random and unpredictable 4 player pickup group.

Red Dead Redemption – The spaghetti western was brought to life in this epic game. I can’t wait for the second instalment.

Skyrim – what more needs to be said about this game. Incredible.

Fallout 3 – To move a pedestrian RTS to a living breathing FPS environment was no small task but, Bethesda did it and did so superbly. Amazing game and the fourth isn't shabby either.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:36:42 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm only going to include games I've completed:

Assassins Creed 2 - The oldest game that qualifies for this list and the first game that made me think, wow, a new generation of gaming is here. I couldn't believe the size and detail of the world at that point in time and being able to climb everywhere, sweet!

Red Dead Redemption - A fantastic story and setting, I hope they nail the next one.

Mass Effect 3 - Bizarrely, I played this one first, but had me hooked from the get go.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - A brilliant turn based strategy game

Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning - A fantastic RPG that was probably overshadowed by bigger names, but Reckoning had me gripped until the end.

Brothers: A tale of two sons - This is a coop game played on one controller, absolutely amazing and contains my favourite scene realised in a game to date.

Until Dawn - still the best branching game I've played, takes the slasher movie tropes and adds the choose your own path with confidence and made me want to replay until I saw every outcome.

Uncharted: Nathan Drake collection - Really enjoyed the remasters, revisiting the first 2 and playing the 3rd, which I didn't do first time round, was a great prelude to playing Uncharted 4.

The Witness: best puzzle game I've every played, extremely clever and addictive game set on a wonderfully realised island.

Persona 5: This is a cheat, I've not completed it yet, but I'm 80 hours in and I won't be stopping until its finished. The pinnacle of JRPG gameplay and story telling in recent years, an absolute classic.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部