View: 3113|Reply: 148

Last game that really impressed you

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:47:49 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I can honestly say that since playing the last of us on the PS3 I've yet to be really impressed with any game I've played.

I enjoyed GTA5, Forza 5, Infamous Second Son, Mario Kart 8 so on and so forth.

However, none of these has really had much of an impact on me.

I'm longing for a gaming experience like the first time I played, for example, Halo, God of War, GTA, Uncharted and TLOU.

I can see there is a steady stream of remakes planned but where are the games that are going to really wow me!?!?

Anyone else feel like this or am I getting bored with gaming at 34.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:47:50 Mobile | Show all posts
TBH there haven't been many games that have impressed me recently... Last of Us was the last game i really enjoyed, Dying Light was good fun while it lasted but quite short.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 22:47:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah I'm looking for something really special. Maybe Batman will pull it out of the bag for me.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:47:52 Mobile | Show all posts
there is nothing coming that really excites me

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:47:53 Mobile | Show all posts
its been generations since i've been wowed by a game.

defo the original Tomb Raider on the PlayStation the vast sprawling levels then maybe Halo on the XBox, but cant think of anything on PS3 etc, and i have no intention of getting a Ps4/One.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:47:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Like most, triple AAA titles don't really impress me anymore and as with Beecee, it's been a few generations (PS or N64 era springs to mind) since I have been truly impressed or had my jaw literally drop by a new game.

However, a couple of titles do spring to mind:

Demons Souls

Didn't immediately blow me away because I bought the Korean import version and because I had no clue what to do allied to the steep difficulty, it meant I struggled badly and gave up. Considering the early plaudits coming from the Far East about how great this was, I just couldn't see why. I decided to try it again with US version and all became clear.

What.A.Game!

Up to Demons Souls, it had been a long, long time since I had played anything that was so damned difficult yet so perfectly balanced. Every step you took was a risk against reward with mistakes punished. When you died, it was your own fault not the games, and every death you suffered turned the world darker and made the game even harder! It was insane and the fact that your game could be invaded at any point by another player to kill you, simply added yet another layer of difficulty to an already extremely difficult game.

It was just an incredible system to employ and foist on modern gamers as most had never seen or played anything like it (probably why there was so much whining about its difficulty). For older gamers like myself, it was a throwback to the days of Super Ghouls & Ghosts, Contra and Metal Slug etc. Games that were unbelievably hard, showed no mercy yet actually had pitch perfect gameplay and were doable, as long as you learned and persevered.

Demons Souls was a daring breath of fresh air in a stagnant game market. Its punishing difficulty (especially in the early stages) meant it required real skill to get anywhere, so forced players to learn and think about what they were doing - you couldn't button mash. The fact it also looked and sounded amazing made it even more impressive.

In my opinion, Demons Souls is one of the best games ever and is what Castlevania 3D should have been.

Brothers: A tale of two sons

A gem of an indie title on Steam that I found to be utterly exceptional. Quite short (very short in fact) but, the sheer quality of the story, the mechanics, the presentation and enjoyment it gives you as player is remarkable. Along with DS, it's the only game that's left a lasting impression on me.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:47:55 Mobile | Show all posts
I'd have to say Gears of War on the Xbox 360 for me.

Seeing that for the first time back in 2005 if memory recalls (edit: 2006 it would appear), on an HDTV that were also only just starting to hit the market, it simply took my breath away.

To think 10 years has almost passed and it still looks and plays as good as most next gen titles today, if not better.

A work of art.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:47:56 Mobile | Show all posts
I've been pretty impressed with Bloodborne, sank nearly 40 hours into it. But I imagine it wouldn't be as impressive to me if I'd have played all the previous Souls games.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 22:47:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Rainbow 6 Vegas blew me away when I first played it. Ok it wasn't the best graphically but the game play, especially on multiplayer, was what convinced me to buy an Xbox

Use magic Report

26-11-2019 22:47:58 Mobile | Show all posts
L.A. Noire was probably the last game to impress me.
I wasn't sure what to expect, and therefore went into it not expecting to enjoy it as much as I have.
It's one of those games I really enjoy going back to regardless of achievements.
You don't miss out by not exploring as there's more than enough game play with the cases to keep you going.

Before that it was Dead Space that really impressed me.
When it was first announced I was interested, but was then turned off when I tried the demo. So I ignored it and moved on.
A couple of years later I saw it in a deal and thought I'd give it a go.
It was another couple of months before I actually started playing, during the autumn months when it was dark earlier in the evening, so I was playing in an unlit room with the curtains closed and it really sucked me in.
It had all of the fundamental survival horror elements without pushing the scarce ammo point too far, as some games in the genre do.
It has become my favourite game of last gen.
It's just a shame that the sequels have watered down the experience. 3 more than 2.

I'm hoping that we see another Dead Space game on current gen consoles. Not a remaster but a full blown follow up.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部