View: 803|Reply: 14

Microsoft account

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 02:33:49 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I was setting up my son's Xbox One S yesterday and was asked to create a Microsoft account. I have never had one for any of my PCs so I had to create a new one. I put it in his name but had to use my email address as he doesn't have one. During the set up, it said this is your avatar/profile picture and name (penguin so and so). Obviously he wanted to change these, which we did. But now when we turn the Xbox on, it still shows the profile picture that was there to start with. Then when we click on it, it shows the one we created. How do I get rid of the original one. Not sure I can delete the account/profile as I have added a gold account and gift card etc so wouldn't we lose those if I deleted the account/profile to start again?

Also, if I wanted to create a Microsoft account for myself in my name, would I be able to do this using the same email address as I used for my son's Microsoft account. I never thought about this when creating the account for my son. Maybe I should have put his account in my name and used one account for both of us.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:33:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Regarding the email situation.
You can easily change the email address associated with the GT.
There's an option somewhere in account settings.
Just go to outlook and create s new email address for your son(remembering to make a note of all details, like password and security questions), then go back to the console and follow the steps to change the associated email address.

As for the profile pic.
I'm not 100% sure it's the same on X1, but on the 360 you had 2 versions of your gamer pic.
One private and one public.
I don't know if X1 does this as well as I've only ever changed my X1 gamer pic once.

Get the email address sorted first, then try removing and redownloading your sons account from the console.
This may sort out the gamer pic issue.
And for fudge sakes write down all passwords and account details as you create them.
You don't want to get shut out of the accounts because you forgot login details.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 02:33:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you.

I read online that you can create the same gmail address with a full stop in it as gmail disregards full stops. This way my son's mail will just go into my inbox. I might do that.

If I delete the Microsoft account on the Xbox one and re create it won't I lose the gold live and the games we've installed from codes and dics? Don't want to end up paying a fee to install them again.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:33:51 Mobile | Show all posts
As I said.
Create a new email for your son.
Swap the email address from yours to the new one created for your son via the account section on the console.
MAKE SURE TO WRITE DOWN ALL ACCOUNT DETAILS FOR THE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS.
PASSWORD, SECURITY QUESTION ETC.

Delete your sons gamer tag from the console and then download it again using the new details(this step is to try and fix the gamer pic issue).
Any subscriptions and downloaded games are linked to the GT and won't be lost.

You will then be able to create your own gamer tag using your own email address.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 02:33:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks. By gamertag do you mean profile? Is the the profile I am deleting?

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:33:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes.
This is what downloaded games and memberships are linked to.
Follow the steps I mentioned in that order and you and your son will be able to have your own profiles using different emails.

And I can't emphasise enough about keeping a note of all your login details.

The number of times I come on here and see people asking the same question regarding recovering accounts after forgetting passwords and/or email addresses.

And don't worry too much about the gamer pic thing.
If deleting and redownloading doesn't work, don't try messing around with it much more.
You don't want to cause yourself further complications over a small matter.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 02:33:54 Mobile | Show all posts
After searching and searching on the xbox and googling and watching YouTube videos I just couldn't figure out how to change the email and password on the xbox one s. So I did it on the laptop on the Microsoft site. Now I've turned the xbox on and it's asking me to enter the microsoft password to use my email address even though I've removed that email address from Microsoft on the laptop. It's accepting the new password I created but for the old (my) email address. But then when I click on settings - account - sign in, security and passkey, it says my son's gmail address underneath 'remove me from this xbox. So my own email address is just coming up when it's asking me to sign in to do anything. How do I change it so that it asks for the password for my son's email address?
If I get a new laptop and I need to create a Microsoft account, will I be able to using my own email address? I won't need my own profile on the xbox as I don't play on it. I'm just worried I won't be able to have my own Microsoft account if I need one.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:33:54 Mobile | Show all posts
The new email address for your son signs in his gamer tag via a browser, yes?
But not on the console?
Have you tried a hard reset(hold down the power button until it powers of and the light on the power brick goes orange) of the console?
Also try a factory reset.

Also make sure you can sign in to your sons gamer tag with the new email address via Xbox.com.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 02:33:54 Mobile | Show all posts
I can sign into my son's xbox account via a browser using his email address and his password.

But when I turn the xbox on and click on sign in under his gamertag, on the password screen it says 'To use 'my' gmail.com you'll need to enter your Microsoft account password. However, I enter my son's password for his email address and it signs in.

Then when I click on profile and settings, in sign in, security and passkey, it displays my son's email address underneath 'Remove me from this xbox.'

From what I've read online a full factory reset would delete all the games etc. We have 3 on disc, one with a code that it came with and also a live gold account. So all those would be lost and I would have to pay for them all again wouldn't I?

Suppose I could just leave it as it is if I am able to create my own Microsoft account on a laptop, but it's just annoying that it's asking for the password connected to my email address on my son's xbox.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:33:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Don't mean to sound rude but, I already explained this.
The games are linked to the gamer tag and can be downloaded again without having to pay again.
Think about anyone who has ever needed to send their console away for "repair"(they're not repaired but replaced with a refurbished unit) or upgraded to a newer version.
They aren't going to have paid twice(or more) to get their digital games back.
Disc based games are not tied to anything.

I understand that you're probably new to all this, but no one here is going to steer you wrong on this.

If the email linked to the GT has been changed, and you can sign in using the new email to access the GT via a browser then it should be fine.

You could even try signing in with your email address, the one you removed from the GT, which should produce no result. As in it'll say it's not linked to an Xbox profile.

A factory reset on the console would clear all traces of the old email, leaving you free to sign in with your sons email and allowing access to the GT.
You will then be able to see any digital games linked to the GT waiting in the ready to install section of "my game and apps".

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部