Author: Coz

Microsoft account

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 02:33:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you, I will try it. Sorry to appear dumb, but what is the difference between a hard drive and a factory reset and which one should I try first? Do I go to settings to do the factory reset?

It says here, there are two options... reset and remove everything or reset and keep games. Which one should I do?
Reset Xbox One Console to Factory Defaults
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:33:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Depends on your internet speed and how long it will take to download the games again(remembering that you don't need to pay again [emoji6]).

As for the difference between the two reset options.
The hard reset doesn't remove anything.
All it does is run a "cold boot" on start up. The same as starting the console up on energy saving mode compared to starting using instant on.
In case you're not aware of the difference, instant on is a quicker start up and allows of other features to be used.
The console runs in a low power mode when turned off so that features such as background downloads and remote downloads can be used.
Energy saving mode is a full and longer start up, and when the console is turned off, it's off.
Nothing runs in the background.

Factory reset is what it sounds like.
It resets everything to an "out of the box" state.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 27-11-2019 02:33:58 Mobile | Show all posts
I did a reset but with keeping games amd it solved the email problem. My email address has now changed to my son's. All the games and gold account are still there. The initial picture is still the same, it doesn't change to the one we created until we go to profile, but we can live with that. Maybe it's not meant to change. I think I should leave it as it now while things are good.
Thank you for all your help, really appreciate it.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:33:59 Mobile | Show all posts
No problem.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 02:34:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Nice one Lostsoul, you are one helpful, patient and knowledgeable mother.
Big love and kudos.

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部