Author: JDCFH

Path Of Exile

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:19:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Glad to hear you're enjoying it guys, I've not played the last few weeks as I've been busy (and got GW2 at Christmas so levelling away in that too), but it would be nice to play with some AVF'ers as I'm always playing solo, I've got a level 60 LA Ranger on standard, and various levels of HC characters
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:19:47 Mobile | Show all posts
I've parked a load of HC toons from beta as all their passives got reset in 1.0.0 and I've not worked out what do with them, it will take some time for me get all that sorted. I'm currently working on the Nemesis league at the moment and I tend to solo too as I have to randomly go AFK for real life, I'm not the most reliable team mate!

In other news two level 95s died last night on Nemesis ladder too! REEEEEP!!! I dread to think how much time was invested into them.

My account name is drinkturps (funnily enough) but feel free to add me and say hello.

I'm now doing exactly what I did in D3, I'm building new characters rather than pushing to the end game. I've parked my explosive arrow Scion, bow ranger, two handed Marauder and my duel wield dualist and I'm now running with a Shadow trapper. It is superb fun and a real killer at the early stages, waltzed through Act1 last night and got even stronger in early Act 2. No idea if it will be viable towards the end game but he's running fire trap, lightning trap  added light dam, bear trap and frost nova  added cold if baddies get too close.  Obtained a Clarity gem and mana is not really an issue now. I just need to locate another added fire damage to pimp out the bear trap. Glad of my G700 mouse and all the buttons.

Chuck the lightning traps into rooms or ahead of you, that's great for clearing rooms out and if they come at you, lay down the fire traps and when they are on you (in a very poor state of health) frost nova them! Bear trap the bosses. It's brilliant fun and I'm up to level 22 I think after a run last night.

It's just a shame that global chat (any in-game global chat) contains so much garbage and trolling it's a put off. It would be nice to have different channels for newbies, help channels for genuine assistance and stuff like that. Anyway, I've gone on far too long!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:19:49 Mobile | Show all posts
Righty ho, I've now parked my Trapper and started work on yet another!

It's one of Kripps builds and it is a monster. 2 Handed, Spectral Throw Ranger. It sounds bonkers but this beast is a killing machine. I've got spectral throw with Lesser multiple projectiles and faster projectiles. Double strike for the bosses and running the hatred aura. Apart from the spectral throw which I had to get from a hillock killing scion all the other gems you will pick up from quests.

In one session last night I made it to the start of Act 3 and level 30! It tore through the levels.  I don't normally follow the herd with OP builds but I like they way Kripp puts his theory crafting into practice. It sounds like an unusual choice but it makes total sense.  Kripp uses a 2 handed sword on his build as the Ranger gets easy access to the sword bonus passives but I'm running with a rare axe that I found that has 82-102 base damage (I never bothered keeping 2 handed swords before as I've never found a decent build to make use of them!!!). I'm hitting over 500dps with Double Strike without getting any more damage nodes. It's immense and packs a ton of life which makes it brilliant for Nemesis mode. Once I lay my hands on a high end 2 handed sword this build is going to be ridiculously overpowered.

Spectral throw is such a powerful spell and with LMP on a high end physical damage weapon tears through the baddies like butter. I do expect spectral throw to get nerfed at some point like they did with Cleave but until then, this badboy(girl) is going to give the monsters a bad time.

ps. I was invited into a guild by someone on my friends list last night (whose account name I know longer recognise) but I don't know if it was an AVFer? If it was, thanks!!! Apologies for not recognising the account name.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:19:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Massive update due at 11.00pm tonight to v1.2 with full passive respec points available due to the changes in the skill tree. I'm looking forward to the new 3 month leagues and will jumping into the HC Beyond League tomorrow night. The enormous set of (unfinished) patch notes are here.

Considering this is a freebie (and IMO far more tactical than D3) the devs have really put a lot into getting this game right and keep on adding new stuff to it.

Anyone else going to jump back in?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:19:51 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm playing, not had much time to play the new expansion sadly due to work, hopefully get some time in this weekend though!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:19:52 Mobile | Show all posts
I think you've picked a good time Sammy. Today they introduced patch 1.2.0b that fixes a load of things that players were moaning about. Very impressed with their response time on addressing these issues. The biggest gripe was the life regeneration on the new portal demons in the Beyond league that made them a real time consuming chore to take out. The new Masters quests are amusing and make a nice addition too. I wont give away too much but it's going to get your adrenalin going.

Since Cleave has been buffed this patch I went for a dual wield duelist and was having a great time. I died in Act 2 at level 25 due to Windows Sticky Keys!!! It ended up alt-tabbing my screen when a boss spawned and I got taken out! There were a few expletives uttered I can tell you. Lesson learnt though, that is not going to happen again.

Thankfully I managed to horde a load of good stuff in my stash as I went to build up currency, even got a couple of uniques.  I'm going to have a second crack at my dual wield duelist again tonight with a fridge full of Stella! Wish me luck...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:19:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Has anyone else signed up for the latest closed Beta phase? I've got my name on the waiting list and really looking forward to the changes they are going to introduce and of course Act 4!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:19:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Woooo! Path of Exile 2.0 The Awakening is now released and has added Act 4. A huge update and all the details are here.

Looking forward to get some game time this weekend.  Straight into the Tempest league for me!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:19:55 Mobile | Show all posts
ive only just started playing this but if anyone would fancy a few games, and maybe helping me out, it would be awesome to play with a few people from here
My steam tag is koreanzombie117

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 04:19:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Hope you are enjoying it. There's just so many different builds to try. How are you getting on? What character and skills have you started out with?  

It can be a little overwhelming when first playing so it's a good idea to use the wiki and check out beginners guides on you tube. ZiggyD is a very user friendly streamer and has some useful information.

Have you gone straight into the Warbands league? That would be a good place to start and learn the game mechanics and game play. I'm playing in the Tempest league which is a "hardcore" league where when you die it's a permanent death and no starting again. I'd not recommend playing here at all until you are comfortable with the game as some baddies can be deadly.

My first tip would be don't blow your currency on upgrading items early on. You will find all sorts of different types of orbs whilst playing. Hang on to them. You will naturally find better gear as you progress. I would also look at all the vendor recipes. You'll see you get different things from selling items to vendors.

My steam name is the same as on here so please feel free to add me and ping me any questions you have. I'll be happy to help out a fellow Exile!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部