1234Next
Back New
View: 1086|Reply: 36

Virtual Pinball 2K or 4K on 27inch ?

[Copy link]
27-11-2019 05:06:09 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I'm going to build a virtual pinball, a smaller one with a 27 inch screen and no back screen so its easy to store (maybe even wall hang) would you go 2K or 4K ? would i notice much difference ? It has to be IPS which pushes the price up, funds are limited and i dont want to spend more than £300 on it so its the budget end of the market for 4K, or is there better value at 2K ? I will be driving it with a 1070 laptop until i can stump up for a dedicated pc, so i have the grunt for 4K,

Any advice or recommendations ?

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:06:10 Mobile | Show all posts
2k will be fine. My table has 46 inch1080p screen and it's a tiny bit low Res... But 27 inch and QHD... You are laughing.

LMK  if you want a y reccomendations for tables
(Ie Ghostbusters, cirqus voltaire, monster bash, woah Nellie , Tron )

PS this is mine I am proper pleased with it. Plunger and nudge sensor in the post

IMG_20181209_151022690.jpg

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 27-11-2019 05:06:11 Mobile | Show all posts
I was erring on the side of 2K, I could do with saving a few quid as I only just put together a pi based bartop arcade and discovered virtual pinball while i was shuffling about for parts so im late to the party and trying to take it all in, they look great and it shouldn't be to dear to build a small basic one, i can always add to it.

Please do recommend tables and frontends etc... and tips for parts like the chrome surround for the screen ? I cant see your piccy.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:06:12 Mobile | Show all posts
I can't get image to link ony phone.

I reccomend getting pinballX front end and you will want to set up account here

Preview

As well as tables above also consider

Star Trek TNG
Tales of Arabia .Nights
Red teds roadshow

I will add more when I think

Use magic Report

Author| 27-11-2019 05:06:13 Mobile | Show all posts
Star Trek TNG is near the very top of my list, i put a lot of money into that machine back in the day. Thanks for the link, i had not stumbled upon that site yet. Where do you go for your hardware bits and bobs ?

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:06:14 Mobile | Show all posts
So I just bought a plunger from zebsboards.
My pinball table was not a self build so not got any other bits for it yet but I got all my arcade bits which I did do myself from Welcome to Ultimarc.com home page
As well as good old eBay

As well as the visual pinball tables most also need the pinball romsets which pin MAME will run

Use magic Report

Author| 27-11-2019 05:06:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Im almost at the pulling trigger point but i'm agonising over this 4K one that is on sale :
Acer Nitro VG270 27" IPS 4K UHD FreeSync Gaming Monitor - Laptops Direct

Or this 2K one that seems to fit the bill: VG2719-2K 27" WQHD Monitor (going for 239 on amazon)

**edit** actually i dont think the viewsonic is vesa compatible, its what I will use to mount it so thats out.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:06:16 Mobile | Show all posts
So long as it is responsive I think any screen will be ok.
In an ideal would you would want a super wide monitor as that is the correct aspect ratio for a real pinball table.... However all the tables are actually made for a 16:9 resolution so ignore logic and don't bother with super wide.

That said the widebody tables are perfect for 16:9 screen which is why my table is made around a wide body.

I gave up trying to attach an image btw . My table is here

IMG_20181209_151022690.jpg

Use magic Report

Author| 27-11-2019 05:06:17 Mobile | Show all posts
You need a login to view that. I have gone for this one: Viewsonic VA2719-2K-SMHD 27" SuperClear IPS LED Monitor I will be like a kid at christmas until it gets here!

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:06:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Lol I look forward to updates on your build. Either I am stupid or this site is crap for uploading pics from phone. 1 last chance I edited my links above

Whilst waiting there is loads you can be doing to get ready. Download some tables and ROMs and setup visualpinball X and pinMAME.
If you have pinballFX 3 you need to use the link in the software to request the licence to use cabinet mode.

Use magic Report

1234Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部