Author: Delvey

Battlefield V

[Copy link]
27-11-2019 05:07:54 Mobile | Show all posts
is @GrumpyOldGamer using some adult language again?   
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:07:55 Mobile | Show all posts
As some have said, played the Beta and not hooked on it at all. The graphics are nice, very smooth, no doubt about it, but it does feel like BF1 in a different skin. And the usual beta weirdness thrown in.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:07:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Played the beta for probs 2 hours.

Would have played more but the game kept crashing!
Apart from the crashing, performance was generally good. High FPS and smooth, but the odd moment where a frame drops, but not that often.

Graphically it was very nice, but it didn't blow me away. Some bits looked great, and overlooking the Rotterdam map into the distance looked gorgeous, but other parts not as impressive.

Anyway gameplay, I a don't know, I cant put my finger on it exactly, but it didnt hook me. On paper it is fantastic, squad revives, better destruction, better gunplay, no spotting, new movement mechanic, new game modes. The list goes on, a lot of good stuff. But there was something about it where I was feeling pretty bored quite quickly.

It could be a mixture of lots of small things, that all I can think it is. The small things which bugged me... it still doesn't feel like old school battlefield games, where you spawn in quite a distance away, then use a vehicle (teamplay) to get to the objectives, then the battle begins. Now it feels like you spawn in and you're pretty much in the battle straight away.
Movement speed is still too fast, you can run jump climb etc., all in an instant, it takes away the realism a bit, and although it can be cool to dive out of a window and so on, it feels arcadey. I feel like slowing it down a bit would really help.
Squad play, well lack of. At one point when I was downed I had 3 friendlies stood next to me, and each of them actually ran past or over me without getting me up. It feels like apart from spawning on a team mate, squad play was none-existent.
Game modes - it could be linked to the above, but at times, especially on new game modes, I wasn't really sure what was happening. There seemed to be so much going on at one time on my screen, that is quite overwhelming. This is probably something which will get better once I get used to the modes, but yeah.
Destruction is still not where it should be imo. Maybe it was just the Rotterdam map, but too many buildings or walls just didnt budge.

I can only think it's a mixture of the things above which stopped me playing it more. Obviously the crashing every 5-10 mins didn't help, but I was finding myself wanting to play other games instead of this, which I have been waiting to play for months... only to feel a bit bored after a couple of hours.

Haven't pre ordered but was going to... I will wait and see now though.

Use magic Report

A quick game duirng the beta - lots of swearing from the off, lots of girly screams, lots of piss poor play (my fps reactions have been eroded from years of Guild Wars play, well thats my excuse anyway.)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
The relatively slow PUBG has affected mine, so I'm trying to play some BF1 for the next couple of months to get back into the swing of a fast paced FPS game.

Having played BF1 yesterday, I thought the graphics of BF5 didn't blow me away. I'm presuming they are toned down a bit for the beta?

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:07:57 Mobile | Show all posts
I played well under 50 hours of BF1, but yes, the graphics were lovely. I thought BF5 was lovely looking as well - plenty of particle effects and misc stuff like leaves etc, snow - lighting, explosions and destruction (some looked a little bland in places mind you) but agree, BF betas (imo) are normally infrastructure and bug checking than graphical. Time will tell on release, and those lucky enough to have RX card can tell us about the fire reflects in the enemies eyes...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:07:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Battle Royale mode doesn't arrive until March

Battlefield V: Launch is Just the Beginning – EA Official Site

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:07:59 Mobile | Show all posts
I’m sick of battle royal.Give me qonquest,operations and rush and I don’t want anything else.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 05:07:59 Mobile | Show all posts
I've never been bothered about any of the Battle Royal games out. It doesn't interest me really. However if a team could do it well it would be the Battlefield team.

Think they've lost a big selling point there though. Why bother now when you can wait until that mode is out and get a more polished/fixed game and it will be cheaper too.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 05:08:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Singleplayer is supposed to be rubbish too according to jackfrags. It's not looking great is it, late, incomplete and suspiciously close to a reskinned BF1.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部