Author: bairdyboy1980

Nokia Lumia 920- when and how much?

[Copy link]
 Author| 27-11-2019 22:27:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Quote from hukd:

"I asked nokia uk on twitter about sim-free devices and they told me they would still be locked to EE (and I presume Orange and T-Mobile). That sucks bad."
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 22:27:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Somebody is clearly not understanding what the term 'sim free' means then.

To be honest I'm not sure I would trust a twitter feed for information like that.

Use magic Report

Author| 27-11-2019 22:27:51 Mobile | Show all posts
I would trust a twitter feed more than anything else tbh. If its an official feed that is.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 22:27:51 Mobile | Show all posts
I had a read through of the live Q&A Nokia UK did this afternoon on Twitter and though they were asked about the P4U sim free advert multiple times they didn't answer once, merely redirecting to the retailer each time.  I think some people have gotten confused with how retail works based on Apple experiences.  It's not usual practice for the manufacturer to be setting prices or offers in most other businesses when they're not selling directly so we shouldn't expect the same here.  Bit like asking a farmer how much Tesco is selling his milk for, nothing to do with him really...  So I would take that quote from HUKD with a massive pinch of salt even if it is posted in good faith, especially from there.  HUKD is a magnet for the clueless with an opinion, shame really, should be a great site but it's terribly moderated.

Use magic Report

Author| 27-11-2019 22:27:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Very true mate and points well made. HUKD can be a farce at time. And it costs me FAR too much money lol

I have been googling "920 unlocked uk" everyday now. Still nothing of interest....

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:27:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi there, I made that post on HUKD and that was an answer I got from the official twitter account after the Q&A on Wednesday afternoon. Evidence below. I only asked because a couple of people had mentioned that on WPCentral. It's true that Nokia could be confusing with usual US practices but then again this is their UK feed so they should be aware of these things.
We'll know soon enough.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa266/Peew971/nokiatweet.jpg

Use magic Report

Did you not query the answer?

Surely it seems very strange answer, it's a bit like saying 'the apple you bought will taste of orange'. The term sim free means exactly that, so why say that a SIM free device will be locked to an operator?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I did query, pointing out that unlike in the US, sim-free here means unlocked specially given the cost of the handset. Didn't get any more reply.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 22:27:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Mobicity announce black sim free for £599. !!

Use magic Report

Author| 27-11-2019 22:27:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Whatttt 599???

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部