Author: robertseymour

Whats your system?

[Copy link]
 Author| 28-11-2019 00:53:51 Mobile | Show all posts

System by RSdesignUK, on Flickr
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 00:53:51 Mobile | Show all posts
And a new/old amp to go with the 104/2s, had one before so decided to re-visit it:

Sony TA-F770ES by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:53:52 Mobile | Show all posts
that's not a champagne supernova!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:53:52 Mobile | Show all posts
***UPDATED Photos

Main - Living Room System  :

Evolution Acoustics MM3 speakers

Pioneer Elite PRO151FHD 60" plasma with Premier Mount AM3 Articulating Arm

Oppo 95 with the Reference Tube Modification upgrade by ModWright Instrumants
BluRay/Universal Player  with Marigo Labs MYSTERY FEET under unit.

Boulder 1060 Amplifier

Boulder 1012 DA/PreAmplifier with Marigo Labs MYSTERY FEET under unit.

Synergistic Research TESLA PowerCell 10SE - power conditioner

Purist Audio Design ANNIVERSARY interconnects.

Purist Audio Design - PROTEUS PROVECTUS XLR - Digital interconnect.

Purist Audio Design CANORUS power cords on the preamp and transport.

Synergistic Research - T3, and Precision Reference active power cords

Purist Audio Design ANNIVERSARY - speaker cables.

GIK Acoustic Wall Panels

For power, I have (4) dedicated power lines using cryo-treated 10ga wire directly from the circuit breaker box to (4) Synergistic Research TESLA-PLEX cryo'd wall outlets.

Office/Desktop - Computer Audio System  :

Dynaudio C-1 MkII speakers

ESOTERIC RZ-1 Preamp/Amp/DA Convertor

Apple MAC PRO computer

Music utilizing I-Tunes via Apple Lossless AIFF encoder

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 00:53:52 Mobile | Show all posts
I know, but its difficult to find a 770ES in champagne on budget.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:53:53 Mobile | Show all posts
The Onkyo CD/SACD C-S5VL arrived today, a fill-in while my Stello CDT200 is off to be made well (hopefully ). Supposedly something of a 'giant killer'? Although the pic shows the Onkyo feeding the Transporter DAC on an RCA cable, the analogue out it pretty good with several filter options. For SACD it should be fine; as I mostly listen to classical there's good content on SACD.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
System developed somewhat in the last month. Besides the Halcro DM88 power amps, I've now added an Ayre KX-R preamp which is a tremendous unit.

Cableing now all upgraded to Siltech Royal Signature and Vertex HiRez mains filters added.

New room under construction which on completion will make a huge difference. Full wall and ceiling treatment by Kaiser Acoustics and decent 10' ceiling to give the system some air. Pic shows the panels we are using.

Use magic Report

Wow!!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Compared to a lot of systems on display here mine is a slimmed down affair - Creek Evolution 5350 amp, Arcam CD17 ,Squeezebox Touch,FiiO D3 Dac, Grado SR80i headphones and Epos Elan 30 speakers. Speaker cable courtesy of Van Damme, I/C's by Mark Grant. To my ears, perfect.

The final piece in the jigsaw arrived today when I bought myself a purpose built wooden equipment cabinet, tailormade to my needs. Been looking for ages for a small, 3 shelf wooden unit that will just hide away in a corner of the room. My rather ugly looking Soundstyle 5 shelf equipment stand has now been sold on and my wife is happy for that.

The 4 gang mains block fits snugly underneath the cabinet out of sight, as does my Dac.  For some reason the speaker grills look transparent, but they are not, thats just a trick of the camera flash.

I have said it before, but I definitely mean it now, but this is my set-up for the forseeable future so no more acquisitions. Honest guv!

Use magic Report

28-11-2019 00:53:54 Mobile | Show all posts
amcluescent - no pic of the Sony amp?

custodian - why do you have your Halfer's sideways? do you just prefer that view?  I think they look pretty sweet from the front.  Nice to see your little stereo at last

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部