View: 91|Reply: 0

and now, ABC After school special presents.

[Copy link]
29-11-2019 16:04:53 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
So many fans, so little to show for it.  I know, I know, these words are gonna find me in a great minority.  A lot of people really liked Good Will Hunting.  But seriously please, great film making, not even close, and let's put the blame where it belongs...  in the writing.

Now, I know they won an oscar for it, and boy did they look good emoting on the screen.  But Good Will Hunting is an ABC after school special with lots of cursing in it, and a slightly bigger budget.

What this movie does show, is the brilliance of Harvey Weinstein and Miramax Pictures. Mr. Weinstein could take manure, feed it to you, and make you believe your eating bon bons.  And that's exactly what the studio did with the film. They created such high faluttin buzz around it, that people believed, and wanted to believe it so much --- that they saw brilliance where there was none.

Now, I know some people think it's a great movie, I don't think it's a horribly bad movie, I like to compare it to more in the middle of the road movies, and also to some great Made for TV movies (although, not HBO films, HBO films are unusually better than Good Will Hunting would ever be.) It's just a nice, little film, with some good performances, Robin Williams was not good in it, they just gave him the oscar cause the'd been itching to do it for a while.  And of course, the Miramax public relations machine secured Ben and Matt their screenwriting oscar... but come one people... there's better movies out there thatn GWH.

score 1/10

Ironboundfw 18 July 2003

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0418427/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部