View: 102|Reply: 0

Groundbreaking

[Copy link]
30-11-2019 11:07:38 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I had the pleasure of seeing The Prince of Egypt last weekend, and I was astonished.  I must say that this is the greatest animated movie of all time, and one of the greatest movies period.  I say this not only because of its artistic value, but also because of the impact it makes.  The Prince of Egypt is not a child's silly cartoon; it is the exact opposite.  The Prince of Egypt is a tale of hope, faith, and dread.  The film gets very depressing at times.  Dreamworks has made a movie that will surprise everybody and crush all animation cliches.  Now let's talk about the movie itself.

The Prince of Egypt will hook you from the first minute.  The title will appear on the screen in complete silence except for the sound of the wind blowing.  Then the clouds slowly move away to reveal the horror beneath. Slaves.  Thousands of slaves, working on an Egyptian monument.  It then shows troops running through the town and stealing babies from their mothers.  The pharaoh Seti has ordered that all Hebrew first borns be executed.  A mother manages to slip by the troops unnoticed and places her youngest son in a basket.  She sets the basket on the river and it takes the baby to the palace of the pharaoh.  The pharaoh's wife finds the baby and names him Moses. This movie shows the life of Moses.  That is all I'll reveal.

The Prince of Egypt is very thematic.  It is intense at times and I don't recommend it to children under 7.  I can't explain this movie without telling you about it, so I'll say this.  Go see the Prince of Egypt, or you will be missing out on one of the best movies of the year.

score 10/10

movieman-46 20 December 1998

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0467577/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部