Back New
Author: razorjack

[beginner] which smart system? (components), mainly lights automation (sockets maybe too)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:03:48 Mobile | Show all posts
HA works the same.

What I meant about Hue was if you’re only using their Hub. I believe all the automation is through the cloud? Maybe I’m wrong. I have mine connected to HA and I know that it does work locally if doing that.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:03:49 Mobile | Show all posts
The main advantage of a third party controller, like a Homey, is to manage state across different protocols. So you can maintain variables for complex workflows that check the state instead of dumb overruling it.

In my lounge I have my Logitech harmony remote integrated. So say I select the activity to watch a movie lots of things happen; depending on the time of day, ambient light levels, temperature etc.

Likewise when I want to play Xbox or Nintendo or just play music.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:03:50 Mobile | Show all posts
You can program it via the cloud or hue labs or something. But it continues operating locally.

Naturally if you don’t have sensor included in the workflow to measure ambient light for example it wouldn’t know without internet connectivity when the sun goes down. So you have the options when you start small to enrich your smart data with the internet but then later add local sensors to remove that reliance.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:03:51 Mobile | Show all posts
I like that idea. So much so I’ve just had this turn up.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:03:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Hehehe yes the biggest challenge is the “idea” on how to make workflows work for what you want to achieve.

Nice one

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部