Author: TheGamer147

TCL DP628 TV

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:24:14 Mobile | Show all posts
OK - been on holiday, but time to have a play with this now. Currently on firmware 189, can see there is no updated firmware yet (still v373 which has issues according to poster above).

It disturbs me a bit that the 628 model is no longer current and for sale on the TCL website, when it was the latest UK model (Oct 2018). Not sure what that is about - let's hope these contrast/brightness issues are not a systemic panel issue!

I'm going to have a play with settings - has anyone done this yet and are willing to post?

Can get PS4 Games looking nice, and have enabled HDR and it looks good, but Blu Rays from PS4 look pretty terrible and washed out - would rather not have to switch between Game and Movie mode if possible.

YouTube App with 4K Video looks good - panel is fine detail wise, but definitely getting some contrast/brightness variations.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 22:24:14 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi could you post your ps4 settings.

Still working with tcl to fix issues

Thanks Michael

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:24:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Ok - I’ve had a play using THX Optimiser on the Terminator 2 Blu Ray - only calibration tool I’ve got. Movies from PS4 looking nice now:

Settings are:

Picture Preset - Movie
All picture processors off eg Micro Dimming and Overscan
Backlight - 50
Auto Format - on

Advanced Settings:

Contrast - 53
Sharpness - 49
Colour - 58
Black Level - 43
Gamma - 2
Colour Temperature - -1

For online games will probably require a switch to Game mode to reduce input lag.

Have a play and let me know what you think - screenshot below from Avatar Blu Ray

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 22:24:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Look sweet will try this will you use same settings in game mode also how you finding HDR

Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:24:16 Mobile | Show all posts
So, had this for a couple of months now - can see it's just been reduced in price on Amazon again to £299 for the 55"

Reality is there are some issues with this TV:

1) There does seem no way to turn off the dynamic brightness - it does often adjust from scene to scene and is pretty annoying to say the least. Has anyone had any joy changing this? I've heard someone talk about making changes in the hidden engineer menus, but can invalidate warranty etc..

2) The smart portion of the TV is poor - takes around 30 seconds to load sometimes, no Amazon Prime.

3) There hasn't been a software update for some time - still V.373 - makes you think there may be fundamental issues with the set, and they are unwilling to fix it

It's a shame because the picture quality is v.good - it just needs some support.

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 22:24:18 Mobile | Show all posts
I ended up sending back to AO for a exchange on different TV as the software mine was on v400 crashed itv hub app.

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部