View: 107|Reply: 0

Never hits its mark

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 00:53:57 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I went in to this movie with an open mind being a huge fan of the original. I don't know why but the Genie talks very slow. I'm not sure if they were trying to make him do that but it just seemed odd. The songs where well done but they never go into a really Big Bang. Princess Jasmine has a totally different outlook on what she wants to achieve. The jokes where not the same, perhaps due to political correctness. It was very very Bollywood in parts. I for one would of like to see abayas for the women and kandoras for men. Aladdin doesn't wear a shirt in the original he just wears a vest, so they have tried to change his look. The palace looks like something out of a Star Wars. I don't know why they changed the look of this. The movie moves very fast in key points of the movie then slows down and drags out pointless moments. I think the best part of the movie was when the carpet makes the Disney castle in the sand when Aladdin and genie are talking after escaping the cave. Unfortunately they missed their opportunity to make this an impactful meaningful movie. Instead we got something of a try hard remake with someone's take on classic.

score 2/10

lrfdonald 2 June 2019

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4905727/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部