View: 113|Reply: 0

So disappointed

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 00:54:00 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This remake is so bad. It is not a good movie by any means. All of the characters are ruined. In the original Aladdin was charming and charismatic, in this he's clumsy, awkward and seemingly dim witted. A scene where he fumbles through a conversation with the princess, stuttering inaudible sounds is painful to watch. The sultan, once kind hearted and jolly now controlling and not nearly as likeable. Jafar, no longer old and twisted he's young and evil for a reason that doesn't seem to be explained. Then there's Genie. I was hesitant to see this movie for this reason. I love Will Smith, but no one could ever come close to the masterpiece that Robin Williams achieves with his portrayal of Genie. Will Smith could, and should, have put his own trademark spin on the character. But unfortunately he didn't, and as a result he's very bland. The storyline doesn't help, Aladdin and Genie's friendship isn't built, it's just suddenly announced that they are friends, which just seems odd and insincere. Which pretty much sums up the acting from all he other actors. It feels fake and it feels forced, there were times I thought I was watching a high school production. The original movie deserved so much more than this. The one redeeming feature is some of the choreography, but in saying that I'm reminded of one music scene where the footage was sped up and I was left wondering why film techniques from the 1950s were being used. Very disappointed. I love the original. And that's the Aladdin I love and will keep in my heart as the right and only version.

score 1/10

shabooh_shoobah1 18 June 2019

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4943236/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部