Author: JCAllison

The Record The Crystalume Caper

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:15:41 Mobile | Show all posts
OK I've just downloaded the spec sheet from the website for the networked camera and that has a bitrate of up to 10Mbps
HD camcorders will typically offer quality setting ranging from 6Mbps (poor) to 24Mbps (good). So the box camera at 10Mbps might be good enough, but it is impossible to say without trying it.

Mark.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 02:15:41 Mobile | Show all posts
Hey Mr. ME19,
GREAT INFO.

As mentioned previously, am convinced that a Higher Definition is actually necessary in this instance. There are no "minute" details in The Crystalume images that need to be highly defined. Am thinking that just "plain" 1080p would not only suffice, but would make it much easier on the equipment to process much smaller amounts of data in the amount of time needed.

EXACTLY!

As mentioned previously, the amount of information that is absolutely necessary for a Crystalume image doesn't NEED to be highly defined.

But that is only noticeable when the two units are compared. Am (and just guessing here) thinking that if a camcorder image of a Crystalume image was compared to a CCTV cam image of the Crystalume image, a difference MIGHT be seen if it were done side-by-side. BUT to go from one room with a Crystalume image produced by a camcorder, to another room where a Crystalume produced by a CCTV cam were on display, the average person would NOT be able to tell the difference, AND indeed if there WAS a difference, it WOULDN'T matter!

Would the manufacturer be able to supply "bit rate" specs?

At this point, would like to delineate some thing that was done during my evening "contemplation".

First, it has become clear to me that the NEXT STEP in this "life's work" of development of The Crystalume, that the "Electric Crystalume" IS the next thing. And as usual, the way at which decisions are reached is to "grok" the analogy of "Sound and Light" which I call "If Silence is Black".

Last evening, after setting aside The Vucoustic (Visually Acoustic) version of The Crystalume, and concentrating on the "Electric" version of The Crystalume, considered the difference between an Acoustic Guitar, and an Electric Guitar. Came to the realization that what we've been discussing is NOT a PURE Electric Crystalume which would be the visual equivalent of say an Ovation Preacher Electric 12 String Guitar, but more at the visual equivalent of a Martin D12-35 with a Barcus Berry Insider Pickup installed (am using those two examples because that's the two guitars that are here).

Next point: Even though one can hear the sound from an amplified acoustic Guitar directly from the Guitar, in order for the pickup to be heard, one needs an amplifier/speaker setup.

Have just this morning received a bit of "spam" from AMAZON that is hocking TV Projectors.

VOILA', a TV Projector is the visual equivalent of the Peavy 410 UltraTube Guitar Amp that is used here with the Ovation Preacher 12 String Guitar! It is also used with the Martin D12-35 with the Barcus Berry Insider Pickup.

So lets file THAT bit of thinking away for right not, because there is a bit more that needs to be considered that is NOT involved with the "inventing" of the Electric Crystalume.

For THAT consideration, permit me to go back in time to when I first got the bug to record The Crystalume with a Desk Top Television Rig.

Have previously mentioned that the Panasonic Camcorder was acquired, but haven't defined the OTHER stuff that was gotten. There was also The Scorcher, which has a Tyan Trinity Mainboard and two 35 MB Seagate Cheeta 10,000 RPM HDDs, with a Matrox RT2500, a Matrox G450 Dual Head AGP Card, A Firewire capability, with two 28" CRT Monitors, and Adobe Premier, with a whole bunch of other programs that came with this setup from the "Video Guys" from which all the DTV stuff was acquired.

Also, there was acquired:

A JVC HR-DVS2U Mini DV/S-VHS Video Cassette Recorder:

HR-DVS2U | Super VHS VCRs|JVC USA - Products -

And a JVC DR-MH30S DVD & HDD Video Recorder:

JVC DR-MH30S

These two units are sitting here, and have NEVER been used!

So last evening, in going over where we are in all this, at this point, what has happened is that the Panasonic Camcorder has failed to record directly to The Scryer's HDD over the Firewire Connection because Windows Movie Maker insists that the Camcorder is in use by another program, which isn't the case at all.

But, back when all this equipment was NEW, recording from the Camcorder to the HDD WASN'T even what was desired!

The process that we were trying to get to work was:

1) Recording The Crystalume to the Camcorder's MiniDV Cassette.
2) Putting the MiniDV Cassette into the JVC HR-DVS2U Mini DV/S-VHS Video Cassette Recorder.
3) Capturing the content of the MiniDV Cassette to The Scorcher via Adobe Premiere.
4) Doing what all could be done with the plethora of bundled programs from Video Guys.
5) Producing finished MiniDV or VHS or SVHS Cassetters on the JVC HR-DVS2U Mini DV/S-VHS Video Cassette Recorder.
OR
6) Producing finished DVDs on the JVC DR-MH30S DVD & HDD Video Recorder.

It was a GRANDIOSE scheme, ultimately interrupted by a major health issue, BUT before that, could NOT be made to work because the technology wasn't reliable, and the magnitude of problems was beyond my expertise, and there was no source of information available to even begin to solve the technical issues.

At this point, permit me to go back even further. In 1981, I happened to land a job with a company that built Off-Shore Oil Rig Cranes. My function was as an all-around "flunky". I had a background in the Commercial Art industry, the Advertising Industry, and had produced the Sensatiation TV program. It was this last experience that led the Crane Company to inquire about my ability to produce Sales, Service, and Education videos. We gave it a shot. The owner all had VHS Equipent (Cameras, and Cassette Decks) which they proceeded to bring to the Factory.

I, not knowing any better, went out and shot a bunch of footage, crashed edited it together, added some music, did a bit of narration, and gave them a VHS Cassette of the final product.

Strangely, it hadn't turned out all that bad.

The Cassette was finished on a Thursday. A copy of it was taken out by the Sales Manager and left with a potential client on Friday. On Monday that client called, and because of the VHS, ordered $6,000,000.00 worth of Cranes!

I was a friggin' HERO! They gave me, as a bonus, a brand new 1981 Chevrolet Camaro, loaded with EVERYTHING except T-Tops! BTW, that was the worst car I ever had!

Then they asked: What equipment would we need to do really professional work? I had no idea, but went to Home Entertainment's Professional Division and found that they recommended a Sony System. We bought a Sony Camera, a Sony VHS Cassette Recorder, a Sony VO5800, a Sony VO5850, and a Sony RM440 Editing Console, along with some Monitors.

Got to shooting footage of Crane Load Tests, Crane Installations on Oil Rigs out in the Gulf of Mexico, Equipment Maintenance, Crane Inspections, Product Development Experiments, and even some Crane Wrecks.

This went on from August of 1981 till April 6, 1986, when the Oil Bust hit the Texas Petroleum Industry, and the Crane Company went out of business. By that time we had accumulated the largest collection of off-shore Crane footage in the history of the world!

Was told on the morning of April 6 that it was "Time to get out of Dodge!" I walked out, and at 10:00 a.m. the gates were locked, and I have no idea what happened to all that equipment.

Then on the following April 27th, I was involved in a catastrophic murdercycle crash, that changed my life forever.

All this is mentioned because I have had some amount of TV experience, BUT with the rate that the technology has progressed, everything I knew is NOW obsolete, and I'm aught but a "newbie", trying to recapture the past.

The thought occurs to me that this post may exceed the allowable length limit. Am going to post it, to see. Will copy it, and paste it into multiple post if it does.

JC

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 02:15:42 Mobile | Show all posts
Hey All,
My concerns about the length of Post Number 42 was apparently unfounded, but it kept me from making the point that was desired. So whether or not you waded through the self-absorbed effusion of Post Number 42, here is the point that was attempting to being made:

As mentioned previously, we have not been able to capture Video from the Panasonic Camcorder directly to The Scryers HDD because Windows Movie Maker keeps insisting that the Camcorder is already in use by another program.

But since capturing directly to the Computer's HDD was NOT the ORIGINAL intention when all this  stuff was initially acquired, the question arose in my contemplation: Might not the Camcorder be used, as originally intended, to record to the MiniDV Cassette, and THEN put into the JVC HR-DVS2U Mini DV/S-VHS Video Cassette Recorder, and from THERE sent to The Scryer?

Also, the thought occurred that the problem might not be the fault of the Camcorder, but that it might be that Windows Movie Maker is the culprit.

Since we're probably going to have to upgrade to a "REAL" Video Editor, from what has been revealed in this thread, about what we're trying to do, what Video Editor would best suit the purpose?

That, it seems, is a logical place to start since it is most likely going to have to be done eventually anyway.

So am going to spend some time with the Panasonic Camcorder to find out if it will indeed record to its integral MiniDV Cassette Deck. If it will, then will connect the JVC HR-DVS2U Mini DV/S-VHS Video Cassette Recorder via Firewire to The Scryer, and see what Windows Movie Maker says about THAT!

Anyway, hope this finds you all doing well. Be in touch.

JC

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 02:15:42 Mobile | Show all posts
Hey All,
Have previously mentioned that one of the Crystalume students has been using a Smart Phone to make some videos. Just yesterday, she sent me this:

Welcome to The EYEDREAM of JEANE Concert Lightshow

Anyway, had hoped for some response to previous posts.

In any case, we are soldiering on through the fog.

Take care all.

JC

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 02:15:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Hey All,
Have just Googled "MultiTrack Video Software" and found "VideoMeld".

VideoMeld - Multitrack Video and Audio Editing, Mixing, Effects Software

Have read all of the information, and watched the YouTube tutorials.

Interesting.

Anyone have comments about VideoMeld?

Take care.

JC

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 02:15:44 Mobile | Show all posts
Hey All,
Have just finished downloading VideoMeld to The Scryer. It will make videos that are only 5 minute long until a "license" is bought.

Have this morning been dealing with the Panasonic DVC10 Camcorder. Am afraid that the "built-in" battery isn't working as it will not support the Date/Time Display in the "Finder" for very long.

Instructions say to connect the Battery Charger to the Camcorder, and with the Power Switch OFF, let it sit for four hours. This will supposedly charge the built-in battery for three months! We'll see.

Take care everyone.

JC

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:15:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Maybe but at least you can put the old expierience to good use while updating the knowledge with modern equipment.
I can't see any reason why this won't work as long as all the equipment is in working order.
Could be a host of things, but a good chance it is not the camcorder but the PC or something on it. Try disabling all background software such as anti-virus and see if that helps.
As far as the editing goes just about any of the paid for software should do all you want - and a lot more. I personally use Cyberlink PowerDirector and have previously used Sony Movie Studio. But you may find it easier to learn Adobe Premiere Elements as you have previously used an older version of Premiere.
Never heard of it, so can't help I'm afraid.
Most of the popular software gives you about 30 days fully working trial. So it might be worth trying one of them, ie Download a free trial or buy Adobe products | Adobe free trials & downloads
You might find that the battery is beyond use as it has been left with no charge for a long while. But the camcorder should still work fine as long as you leave it plugged in.

Mark.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 02:15:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Hey MarkE,
Am kind of getting back into the swing of things. Back in 1981, the equipment was, while electronic, more mechanical than today's digital stuff. The Sony VO 5800, VO 5850, and RM440 were U-Matic 3/4" Format. Really straight forward functionally. Would record on VHS, dub to a U-Matic Cassette in the the 5800, then with the RM440, would chose IN and OUT points on the 5800 Cassette, and an IN point on the 5850, and the RM440 would then put that clip on the U-Matic Cassette in the 5850. Once the INs, and Out points were chosen, everything (rewind, pre-roll, recording, and stopping) was all automatic. Easy!

That's what needs to be ascertained. Am presently following the instruction to see if the built-in battery in the Camcorder will charge up. Will be taking the JVC HR-DVS2U Mini DV/S-VHS Video Cassette Recorder to be next to The Scryer.

Will have to research how to do "disabling".

Actually, even though the OLD version of Premiere was here, it never got "learned" to any significant degree.

What drew me to VideoMeld is that it is supposed to produce a multi-tracked file. After watching the tutorials, found that what they are touting is the ability to have a Main Screen Image, and then be able to insert a number of OTHER images around on the Main Screen which appear in "windows", each of which can be placed anywhere on the Main Screen.

Am thinking that since ALL The Crystalume images are on a black background, that having a Main Screen image with other images around it, all with black backgrounds, would look like what is being envisioned.

It was a quick, easy download and install. Looked at the program, but couldn't find any way to ask it to capture video from the Camcorder.

All right. Good to know.

Am afraid you're right. Is there any way to replace the built-in battery?

That's the way it sits presently.

In doing the research on all of this, came across a bunch of software especially dedicated to "capturing" a Firewire signal from the Camcorder to the PC. Might THAT be worthwhile?

Anyway, again... Thanks for the adroit response. Now it's again, onward through the fog.

JC

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 02:15:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Hey MarkE,
Services You Can Disable in Windows 7

Service Name-----------------------------------Effect of Disabling
Desktop Window Manager Session Manager----- The desktop looks less pretty.
Function Discovery Provider Host------------------Windows Media Center doesn’t function properly.
Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)----------------You cannot share your computer’s Internet access
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator-------------None.
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper----------------------------None.
Themes---------------------------------------------You use Windows in a rather plain view.
Windows Firewall----------------------------------Windows Firewall doesn’t run

JC

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 02:15:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Hey MarkE, and All,
It's like being a detective! The more one delves into the subject, the more clues are found. And there's something else at work. When looking at thing, after thing, pretty soon Amazon picks up on what one is seeking and starts putting advertisements related to what one has found on any page one accesses. Such a thing happened last evening, and again this morning.

As a result, have found a NEW (at least to me), KIND of Camera. It is called an "IP" Camera.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0145OQXCK?ref_=ams_ad_dp_ovrl

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LS71HNM/ref=dra_a_rv_hp_hn_xx_P1400_1000?psc=1

iP-Camera

What do you think?

JC

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部