12345Next
Back New
View: 1550|Reply: 41

X570 Aorus Ultra Ryzen 3600 PC Build - No Boot, please help

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 03:32:52 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
X570 Aorus Ultra Ryzen 3600 PC Build - No Boot, please help

Have been trying for one whole day now and this morning. New PC build, my second ever.

PC is not booting at all. No noise, beeps etc. No LEDs light up on MOBO (not sure if there should be any on first boot, I think so, manual says there are some to indicate CPU, RAM etc are working correctly). No fans spin. I have checked everything over multiple times and un-connected and re-connected everything many times, too. Only things not tried that I can think of are using a multi meter as someone suggested, to check if I am getting the correct voltage(s) from my PSU. And not tried re-seating CPU either. I tried swapping the 13A fuse inside the plug with one that definately works and I tried swapping the plug itself.

Using the 8 pin CPU power connector, as I understand from reading other forums that the 4 in one is not needed/ is optional for extreme cases of overclocking. I do not have a 4 pin lead, anyway.

Taken everything out of case to test in the open. I have some normal sounding PSU fizz when the 10 pin connector part (left one of the larger other connector) from the 24 pin power lead is connected to the PSU. When I remove this the fizz disappears, not sure if that means anything. Had a peep as best as I could at case front panel connectors (not tried disassembling case to look properly, though) and things look connected solidly/ properly.

Also tried different RAM configs: Slots 2 and 4, slot 2 alone, slot 4 alone. Do not remember trying switching them around, though.

Last I tried, I did so with everything connected, apart from the optical drive, HDD, and the rear Fractal R6 case fan as it is a bit of a stretch from the case externally. I assume I do not need any fans connected though, to get the PC booted up. Also tried removing and putting back my M.2 SSD, which is in the lowest slot at the bottom of the MOBO.

Is there anything else I can try before I return the parts? Appreciate anyone who can help, thank you kindly.

Parts:

Fractal Define R6 Blackout Mid Tower PC Gaming Case with USB-C
Gigabyte AMD Ryzen X570 AORUS PRO AM4 PCIe 4.0 ATX Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Gen3 6 Core AM4 CPU/Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler
BE QUIET Dark Rock Pro 4 135 mm Silent Wings Fan CPU Cooler – Black
MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GAMING X Turing Graphics Card
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB 3200 MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4 Memory Kit
Corsair 750 Watt RM750x Fully Modular ATX Power Supply/PSU
LG BH16NS55 Bluray Drive crossflashed with faster UHD Friendly Asus BW16D1HT FW
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250 GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD
Seagate Barracuda 4TB

@Sloppy Bob

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:32:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Does the M.2 need to be inside for it to power on at all? I have currently put my M.2 back into my NUC to use my NUC as my phone is just too slow and crap for things like this.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:32:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Do you know the PSU is working?

You can carry out a basic test with this if you don't have a psu tester. It's the same for all psu's.

https://www.silverstonetek.com/downloads/QA/PSU/PSU-Paper Clip-EN.pdf

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:32:54 Mobile | Show all posts
OK managed to get power! Re-seated CPU and cooler seemed to fix the issue.

But VGA LED in on, meaning a GPU issue. Nothing displayed on screen via HDMI. This was without my 2080 connected. I thought the X570 Ultra has unboard graphics?

Will connect 2080 again and boot up. If all good will move back inside case.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:32:55 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm not really the best person to ask as my PC build is my first. I've never even owned a PC before, always having laptops.

Possibly remove your GPU and work from a process of elimination. I'd definitely check the CPU is seated properly and the RAM configuration is correct.

EDIT - You've got it working. Excellent.

RE: Graphics, the new Ryzen processors have no onboard graphics. Motherboards don't have onboard graphics AFAIK (stand to be corrected on this) but have support for it if the CPU has it, which it doesn't.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:32:56 Mobile | Show all posts
That is referring to the 12V whichnis the 8 pin. The 4 pin is the 12V1. According to numerous posts online, the 4 pin is only needed for rare cases of overclocking.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:32:57 Mobile | Show all posts
That's why I deleted it as I read the manual and then realised it was referring to the fact the 8 pin (12V) connector must be plugged in. The 12V-1 connector being required for additional power.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:32:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Are you sure the PSU is working okay.

You can do a jump start of the PSU to see if it is functioning basically by following the link below, assuming you don't have a dedicated tester. What this is doing is functioning as the start button on the your system case. Either have some fans plugged in or make sure you don't let it run for to long a time. As soon as you here the fan, running on the PSU, assuming it's not fan-less, then turn it of at the wall or switch on PSU.

https://www.silverstonetek.com/downloads/QA/PSU/PSU-Paper Clip-EN.pdf

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:32:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Another suggestion is to make sure the pins are firmly clicked into the header plug as they sometimes aren't and any bad connection/disconnection here, especially on the switch, would cause the system not to start.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:32:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Did you try clearing CMOS?

Also make sure CMOS battery is clipped in correctly

Use magic Report

12345Next