Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:33:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Let us know how your getting on please.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:33:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Cheers, @techquest, I really appreciate your help. I booted up!

Was a case of re-seating CPU as per my above post.

Yes, hence why I was getting the VGA (GPU) LED warning light. I was still getting it on first few boots. Installed a new Windows 10, has not shown since - relieved.

However, some issues persist:

1. Optical drive has power but not reading discs and not showing in Devices/ My PC.
2. Seagate barracuda 4 TB HDD not showing in Devices/ My PC.

I connected the above two using the same SATA link leads (I assumed I would not need to use two separate leads as I remember doing this with my last PC. I then plugged two separate power leads into each and connected them into the SATA ports on my MOBO. Unless, I need to use two specific SATA ports... Ah HA! I think and hope I have cracked it:

"The availability og the SATA connectors may be affected by the type of device installed in the M.2 sockets. The M2C_SOCKET connector shares bandwidth with the SATA3 4/ 5 connector".

And I have both drives connected to 4/ 5..

I thought it would be OK, as the table in the manual says that for M.2 SATA SSDs, 3/ 4 will be fine (table has them as ticked). For M.2 PCIe SSDs 4/ 5 is shown with "X". So, I guess my M.2 is the latter type? I will take them out and try in the two ports above it!

3. RTX 2080 fans always spinning quite fast and loud - will this settle once I install the drivers? It is worrying me and of course, annoying. No warning light so I hope it is OK. Also , upon restart and cold boot, the fans rev up even louder for a few seconds then settle back down to a constant and quite loud level they are at now.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:33:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Is the 4TB formatted/allocated ?

type Create and

into search and select

Select

Create and format hard disk partitions

Look for the 4TB and if it is unallocated then create a partition

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:33:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes! It worked! HDD and Optical Drive working! So happy. Just loud GPU still and on booting the RAM and VGA/ GPU LEDs are red before Windows appears - worried about that. Could it just be missing drivers? The LEDs do not show otherwise on any other occasion so far as I can see.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:33:03 Mobile | Show all posts
I actually took it out and put back in a few times before I had no power/ boot. Kind thanks, quest.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:33:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Good to know you got there on the CPU, it can happen to the best of tech's

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:33:04 Mobile | Show all posts
It feels so good to triumph after yesterday's failure. I was drained and almost was going to give up. But I switched my mind-set in the late morning to positivity believing I can do it and that it was not due to damaged part(s).

Installing drivers for MOBO and then will do GPU.. hope GPU fans calm down...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:33:05 Mobile | Show all posts
You will probably need to get on the net and update for any drivers that have not been installed on the new build.

The fans could be down to drivers and it could also be that you can control the fan speeds and hence noise. But need to take a look. I wouldn't worry about it for now as if there was some problem then you would know about it by now and the PC would probably shut down.

Just make sure you have it all updated, especially the drivers, and the let it settle and review it tomorrow or the next day.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:33:05 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes m8 there's always trepidation when things don't go quite right. Then jubilation, rightly so, when you've sorted it.

Your doing the right thing and going in the right direction now.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:33:06 Mobile | Show all posts
Installed all drivers and utilities now for MOBO and Nvidia. But GPU fans still constant and loud. Plus RAM the VGA warning lights on boot, then disappears. Not updated BIOS - should I? There are various ones, should I simply update to the latest? I do not want to make anything worse.

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部