Author: museumsteve

Oculus Rift VR Headset

[Copy link]
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:28:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Quite possibly mate. MCV reported it first and they always make stuff up

I think having a camera on it moves it away from just a personal viewer a bit IMO.

Possibilties of augmented reality or better still a system with headtracking etc where you can also look at stuff around you..like controller etc .

Speculation is great anyway
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:29:00 Mobile | Show all posts
True, I did see the camera. I'm thinking Augmented Reality infused Personal 3D Viewer myself (i.e. you can flip to a heads up view when you want to see the real world).

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:29:00 Mobile | Show all posts
This is quite a cool read, the chap had a demo of the Sony headset at TGS

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Just wanted to add my 2p on the Oculus, I came across it a few weeks ago and while I didnt dive into the kickstarter (could never get it past SWMBO), I'm really excited about it.  For me it does (should) take the immersion level up a notch, and in combination with next gen graphics, more freedom of movement/resolution (both promised in the consumer model) and in conjunction with body/limb tracking (see Project holodeck) this could be a real evolution in gaming.

Obviously its compatibility with games is what will make or break it, and it does really only fit with first person games, although not just shooters (driving/flying, FIFA, MMO etc), but for me these are the most common games anyway.

Imagine COD5/BF4 etc with an Oculus, Kinect 2.0 (or equivalent) for body/arm/attachment tracking, some sort of gun peripheral that controls your movement...and it could be immense!

Maybe my imagination is running away with me (Ready Player One..anyone?) but I'm very excited about this!

So my final question...of the 2 posters who said they were getting a dev kit, do either of you live nr the midlands...and can I come and have a go? ;-)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Not excited at all. I play mostly strategy and 2D games like DOTA.

VR has been around for ages and it is still just a case of having to wear a stupid helmet, something that I am not really excited about doing in the lounge.

The true innovation will occur when the technology is not so intrusive.

I would want to try it just to try it, but I don't really think this will be a major step forward for gaming. A lot of game genres are not even affected by it.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:29:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Disappointing news today as they announce a hefty delay

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:29:01 Mobile | Show all posts
meh,  more good than bad in that.

sure a minor delay but

screen upped to 7 inches (from 5.6), higher res, better colour fidelity and response time.

overall I think that is positive news and whilst i am not part of the kickstart, once it hits production i will seriously be contemplating a purchase..

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Every single impression from CES was glowing or at the very least positive. Don't forget to check the Rift out on the Jimmy Fallon show ..

..I'm tellin' ya - this is gonna be big.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I'm gonna get one, I just think it would be best to wait till the second one came, or when loads of reviews are out and games are supported.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:29:02 Mobile | Show all posts
I`m really looking forward to this - when you look at who is vouching for it things are looking very good

I remember trying a VR out in a high street shop in the early 90s and it nearly broke your neck with the weight of it ! the graphics were powered by a 486 PC lol

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部