Anyway Carmack is still there
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:31:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Upgrade to a Rift S. I managed to swap my CV1 for a rift S with no money leaving my account. Its just the better headset once you get a pair of headphones. Like its a total upgrade. It takes VR from being fuzzy to being totally usable. CV1 black levels were naff anyway so they're just slightly crapper.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:31:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Stormland is my most anticipated VR game... Then Asgard's Wrath...  Then Lone Echo 2...

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:31:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Dupelicate

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:31:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Dupelicate

Use magic Report

Duplicate

Use magic Report

Agreed. Mind you I am wary of overly hyping. Defector was a bit of a disappointment after the 1st level as I understand it. I was really interested in that.
I don't agree with Atmos however and indeed both the my mates with a vive have said we're it not for revive they would have sold up and bought a rift as most of the best games are funded by oculus . YMMV of course. Imo there are great games on both stores and it is good I don't have to choose. The company who does need to pull their finger out however is valve imo. The fact they have not even bothered to get HL2 VR working again and instead are leaving it to bedroom Devs is awful.

I know they have their haters and I don't like everything they are doing but I am hoping Epic and their store forces valve to begin making games again and not just using their almost monopoly to leech of actual Devs.

Use magic Report

WTH? Can a mod remove dupe posts pls

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:31:51 Mobile | Show all posts
People still seem to miss the point. If Valve were not supporting Rift with a wrapper how many people would buy the Rift if they had to give up on Skyrim, FO4, and DoomVFR? The Stream wrapper is a Revive just more elegant.

2019 brings No Mans Sky and soon Boneworks and at least one flagship Valve game. The tides have turned in Steams favour and there’s no going back.

The other big games like ED, PC2, Onward are on both stores.

Would anyone realistically give up on Steam for Oculus if they had to choose one over the other? I know I wouldn’t. Not a chance and I suspect if people were being truthful they wouldn’t either.

I think Snowdogs top rated VR games of all time are all on Steam, go figure.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 05:31:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Well it is good that no one needs to choose as vive has revive and rift has ....open composite.
I know I am late to the party on open composite but I am hoping I can uninstall steamVR completely and be done with it... It's just sub par on the rift.

IF I had to choose between stores in would probably go oculus but you are right in so far as if you literally refuse to use either store it's a massive loss either way.
Ultimately I think you would see many people just not invest in PCVR full stop and wait and see which won out so again good job it isn't the case.
Either way tho this is down to the almost monopoly of steam and is nothing to do with the "quality" titles valve have bought to the table.
And NMS surely you are not trying to credit valve for NMS? Sony had a hand in it I would give you that but valve? Please!!!!!

(PS it is also available DRM free so it is possible afaik to play it without steam AND without steamVR so no one would lose out on NMS

No Man's Sky on GOG.com

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部