12Next
Back New
View: 564|Reply: 10

VRCover? Poor customer support? Your experiences...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:33:01 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has had an issues ordering from VRCover.

When I got my Quest (received a day or two after release), I immediately noticed that it was very uncomfortable and ordered the VRCover facial interface set.

It was then delayed because they couldn't keep up with demand....I had to email support for a follow-up as no communication was sent.

It then got delayed further because of a design flaw....again I had to chase it up, and AFTER that, I received a generic "sorry it's delayed" email.

I'd heard NOTHING since, until 20th, when I received an email saying it had been shipped...and checking the tracking, it was shipped on 18th....

tracking FINALLY updated this morning, to say it had been attempted to be delivered....which I know isn't true, because I was in all morning.

The delivery postcode also does not match the address I gave when placing the order.

Write to them this morning, and still no reply yet.

I'm assuming it's now going to be "lost in the post".

The thing that really gets me, is that I've waited literally MONTHS to get this thing, I've had to chase it with them every step of the way, their communication has been virtually non-existent.

The tracking page they link you to is a DHL site, yet if you go to the regular DHL tracking page, it can't recognize the tracking number at all.

So I'm just wondering what other people's experiences have been with this company, whether I've just been unlucky (which is normally the case with everything I've bought relating to VR haha), or whether others have had similar issues with them?

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:33:02 Mobile | Show all posts
I've ordered from them twice for my Vive, no problems here. The Vive VR covers eventually come apart at the seams, but they last pretty well IMO.

Edit: should add, the first order was directly with them, the second was via Amazon. That might be a more reliable/safer way to order since it's "fulfilled by Amazon" at least.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:33:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Cheers. Seems like I've just been unlucky then. Getting info has been like getting blood out of a stone lol

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:33:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Ok.... so with no help from vrcover, I've managed to get the royal mail link to work WITHOUT any details from the card that they supposedly left, even though they didn't, as no delivery attempt was made at all.

£11 customs and handling charge!

This thing better be worth it.... I've waited around 2 months to get it, and it's ended up costing over £40.

Regardless of the product though, I can't really recommend vrcover as a company, their customer service has been abysmal.

It should be delivered Friday, so fingers crossed that it's at least been worth the wait.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:33:05 Mobile | Show all posts
After all this, the product itself is....meh.

It's not worse than the original, but it's not an improvement to comfort either. It's basically the same feeling.

Definitely not worth 40 quid.

There's also a note asking me to complete a survey about which foam is best.... they look identical, and neither is labelled to tell me which is supposed to be the standard foam and which is the comfort foam.

Overall, anyone who's on the fence about getting the quest vrcover, I'd have to say don't bother based on this.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:33:06 Mobile | Show all posts
I use the 6mm cover on my Vive - it brings my eyes closer to the lenses and improves the fov very slightly. It can be a little uncomfortable around the nose piece, but otherwise I've been happy with them.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 05:33:07 Mobile | Show all posts
I guess maybe they messed up still with the quest version.

I didn't think there was much difference at first. But after wearing it for about 15 minutes, it's clearly less comfortable than the stock foam.

What a shame. Waited months for this thing, and it's really only fit for the bin.

Awful product, awful service.

/endrant

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:33:08 Mobile | Show all posts
I got a couple of the Cotton covers for my Rift. so my guests don't sweat into the foam interface. they took ages to arrive and are clearly overpriced. Unfortunately the choices for these things are limited.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:33:09 Mobile | Show all posts
I bought the very 1st VRcover for CV1. it was really poor, did not fit properly and is not fit for purpose and so i do not use it.
They bought out an improved version 2, when i contacted them and told them i was unhappy with the version 1 i essentially got told tough luck. i should have done a credit card charge back tbh.......
i have refused to shop with them since, any company who sells products they know are not suitable and refuses to make it right do not deserve my money.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:33:10 Mobile | Show all posts
i bought a first gen vr cover for the rift. it came and it sucked. still wore it tho. the leather pads were nicer but they introduced a lot of light leakage.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部