[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:41:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Eek!!
Simple cure, stop looking for updates
Next security patch will probably not be until June (tablet is on a three monthly update cycle
Samsung Mobile Security) and by then we will likely be back to no updates available or update available.

I'd like to know why this is happening though. Obviously some Samsung server problem but the random nature of this coming and going is odd.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:41:44 Mobile | Show all posts
Haha! It's a strange bug, but doesn't bother me too much

I've been messaging Samsung about the 7mb speed reading and they've told me to try another one...

Tempted and I know Argos will be fine with it...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:41:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Wondering how it will affect my pre order bonus sd card if i return my S5e tomorrow and ask to switch to the 6gb model?

I've emailed them but i know i won't get a quick response...

I mean i'm only going to sell the SD card anyway...

EDIT: Had an email confirming my SD card is on the way so think it should be fine.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:41:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Emailed Samsung claims and they said I won't be eligible for the SD card if I get a replacement S5e....

I don't really care though, I'll probably return it over the weekend and go for a straight swap, can't be faffed messing around for 2gb of ram when this one is running fine in that regard

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:41:46 Mobile | Show all posts
Disappointing.
I wouldn't have asked Samsung re that myself as that answer is somewhat par for the course and a 'computer say no' the likely result of asking.

As I've said the extra 2GB of RAM isn't of much benefit. I went for the 128GB model purely to get extra internal storage. Not all the apps let you download video files to SD. Amazon and Netflix do but not sure re Google Play. Unless they've changed, the only choice used to be internal storage. And video files quickly eat up storage...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:41:47 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes it is, but it's on the way anyway and I'm pretty sure they can't stop it so I'm not going to get upset about it (I hope!)

Oh yes, video files eat the storage! Luckily all I do is stream content so it's not an issue for me, although I've noticed 3 times today while watching a YouTube video, it's said 'online' in green at the bottom where it's presumably disconnected and reconnected.

I was just thinking while I was returning that it could be an option but it's a bit of faff I don't need. It's been managing the ram really well, I think it's down to the tablet learning my usage patterns and what apps I use most because it's been refreshing less than when I first got it!

If I can get the WiFi issue sorted (if it is an issue and not a software bug) then I will be content for a good while with this tablet!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:41:48 Mobile | Show all posts
Well, had my second attempt at an S5e, I actually managed to swap to the 128gb silver model so completely different.

Slight red flag when I plugged it in to charge, it had 0% battery, usually these things have at least 40%.

Anyway, charged it to 100%, unplugged it, pressed and held power, nothing. It wouldn't  turn on. Plugged it in again and it lit up saying 100%, pressed power and on it came on.

So I set it all up thinking perhaps it was a first time use bug. However this morning it had lost 40% charge overnight. I turned it off, waited and attempted to turn it on and same thing, it won't come on until it's plugged in.

So very deflated as when it works it's great!

Still getting the same WiFi issue obviously as it's hardware, it was running even better with the 6gb of ram though.

So in debate over 1 last swap or just refund

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:41:48 Mobile | Show all posts
My second S5e is going back to Samsung today (4G/128GB model) - I want to love it but struggling severely with the Bluetooth stuttering which seems to affect any media streaming with both pairs of Bluetooth ears I have (Jabra Elite in Ear and Sennheiser Momentum Headphones) - they work fine with my iPhone and Surface Pro.

Really nice device but I just think I’m going to have a look at eBay and pickup a second hand iPad Pro, I don’t need the newest one and the price of the 2017 model ones is peanuts compared to the new models, only thing I’m really missing out on is USB-C.

I also know that the iPad won’t do HDMI-out for a second screen in the same way that the Tab S5e will do but I think I’m prepared to live with it for a device that has usable Bluetooth.....

The DEX mode, external screen support and mouse support are great on this thing but it just feels like they’ve cut a few corners perhaps to meet the lower selling price.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:41:49 Mobile | Show all posts
I picked up the S4 yesterday, couldn't be doing with swapping again. They have a £50 cashback deal too at the moment. Obviously WiFi is much better, it's snappier too. And it got the One UI update yesterday.

If it wasn't for the WiFi issue and my second being duff I would have kept it, it really is a good device.

Shame you had stuttering issues

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:41:49 Mobile | Show all posts
Any chance you have an Infiland S5e case for sale?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部