Author: Garioch

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Announced (2019)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:40:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Oh really? Is that true, I've never heard that before. Interesting if it's the case.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:40:59 Mobile | Show all posts
It certainly is the case on the iPad's that there's often a plastic bit where the antenna is to help with signal.

Popped into the local Samsung store at lunchtime, still no cases available or an ETA, but they've got stock of the 4G 128GB model I'm keen on.... also though they have the 64GB 4G Tab S4 with a Free Keyboard Case for about £80 more than the top end s5e..... quite tempting, the S-Pen seems to work really nicely, the Keyboard is £120 on its own and aside from a slight size difference (thinner s5e) the only thing putting me off is "only" 4GB RAM in the S4 v the 6GB RAM of the S5e 128GB - more internal storage isn't really a dealbreaker, I've got a 400GB micro SD card!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:41:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Personally, I'd get the tab S4. I've been using this tablet solidly and 4GB is working absolutely fine. Also it's got a faster processor so any apps that do close, will be faster to load.

Main thing you lose is fingerprint scanner.

I'm thinking this is going back as much as I like it, I keep checking the WiFi and it drops to 7mb...where my girlfriend's S4 is connected at 800mb...just no comparison

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:41:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah I'm very tempted, not  just that but the S-Pen capability seemed very nice too - not too bothered about the fingerprint scanner as I've found that to be a pain anyway!

Yeah the Wifi speed does seem a bit of a downer - for playing Netflix or Browsing it doesn't really matter but for downloading anything its rubbish, I picked up s USB-C Hub that offers up Ethernet, SD/Micro SD Reader, HDMI and power in along with USB-ports so have been using Ethernet in the house but its not always practical to have the tablet "wired"

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:41:02 Mobile | Show all posts
I don't blame you, it's so unreliable and WiFi is rather important for a media device

I think I'll wait for an S4 offer or the S5 with (hopefully) a glass back!

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:41:03 Mobile | Show all posts
I do think they're probably clearing the decks of S4 Keyboard Cases in readiness for the S5 but not sure I want to wait until Sept/Oct as I really need (want) a more portable devices for my own personal stuff and media (v my Work Surface Pro 6).

I did consider just buying a Surface Go but the lack of mobile apps and poor battery are a downer. I did like the iPad Air 3 that I setup for my boss a couple of weeks ago but to get a 256GB 4G model   Pencil and Probably Keyboard takes it up to well over £800 v £less than £600 for the S4 with the S-Pen, Keyboard and slot for my 400GB Micro SD Card!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:41:04 Mobile | Show all posts
They probably are, some good deals incoming.

For me, I just don't like 4:3 screens that Apple use. Going back to my Samsung Tab a 2016, the screen looks so lifeless

Got a screenshot of the speed I keep getting...

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 05:41:05 Mobile | Show all posts
Thats rubbish! - Yeah I agree on the 4:3 screen thing though! Its one thing I like about my Surface - its a happy medium!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:41:06 Mobile | Show all posts
But they retrospectively gave you the £10 off voucher for spending £100. Was that offer in play when you bought the tablet? I'm guessing not. So they put you in  the same position as if you bought it now and you still get the £125 ish free card. Or not, as you seem to be considering returning it.

Google shows the WiFi on the S5e to be fundamentally flawed.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Riddled With Crippling WiFi Connection Issues
although that appears in part to be how you hold it
the Galaxy Tab S5e has a rather frustrating design flaw that can lead to Wi-Fi access being shut off altogether when the lower-left corner of the device is covered with your hand

The only workaround is to hold the device the other way around while using it in a horizontal orientation, with the front-facing camera directed to the right rather than the left. That’ll position the Wi-Fi receiver at the top of the slate to the right, where it won’t be blocked by your hand.

To be clear, the issue doesn’t come into play while the device is being used in a vertical orientation, with the front-facing camera at the top. And that’s, once again, because the Wi-Fi receiver is located too high up to be obstructed by your hand, which will be wrapped around a corner at the bottom.
Galaxy Tab S5e has a rather frustrating design flaw

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 05:41:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Already sent off for SD card before I started noticing the WiFi issue, if I don't get it then so be it.

My issue is, with how long I've waited, they took my money straight away, if they had taken it on dispatch then I would have been eligible for the £10 voucher anyway so it's a oathetip gesture imo.

I'm having issues in any orientation, even not touching it, I am getting WiFi drops. Gutted as otherwise it is brilliant, the equal of my girlfriend's S4, but she's getting consistent download speeds. So unfortunately it will have to go back

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部