View: 730|Reply: 25

Rugby League World Cup 2013

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:10:02 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
It will be 5 years since the last RLWC and I'm looking forward to this one, especially as I might be able to go. I'm a huge RL fan and can't wait.

Rugby League World Cup 2013

However I live in Sussex and most the games (well virtually all) are in the north of England, which is a shame. I know rugby league's heartland in England is Yorkshire & Lancashire but surely we need to spread our wings a bit to appeal to a wider audience don't you think. Especially at grass roots level too. I would love my boys to get into rugby league and not just have soccer rammed down their throats at school and in the media.

How do you see things going in the world cup? Who is your favourite team to win? Who are you supporting? Any lesser teams who you think might surprise this time round? Do you plan to go?

http://rlifmedia.dyndns.org/docs/Fixtures_Wall_Chart.pdf

GROUP A

Australia
England
Ireland
Fiji

GROUP B

New Zealand
PNG
Samoa
France

GROUP C

Tonga
Scotland
Italy

GROUP D

Wales
USA
Cook Islands

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:10:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Not that keen on league but of course i'll be cheering on England
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:10:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Goes without saying I will be supporting England, especially with Sinfield as captain. I think England stand a real chance, but a lot depends on players like Tomkins, Burrow etc staying healthy. It's going to come down to the usual 3, England, Australia and New Zealand, Wales are still a young team (as they showed today) and this will be too soon for them. France might be able to cause an odd upset but I'm not sure if  their top players will have retired or still be going by then.

I am slightly worried about the whole thing (I think it's a rugby league fan thing to always be pessimistic about things) in terms of attendances and ticket sales. Given what a complete disaster the last WC was that was staged here I just don't want it to happen again. As long as the RFL really go nuts with the publicity and ticket prices are reasonable then there's every chance it could be a success. But the real key will be what it gets in terms of publicity from the tv and papers. I'm sure the BBC and SKY will promote it but the papers need to get in board as well and give it far more space then RL currently gets.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 21:10:05 Mobile | Show all posts
England 80 beat Wales 12 today. It is good to see more international games, although shame this particular game wasn't more competitive. I also noticed how empty the crowd / grandstand was, disappointing as it was the national team playing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:10:06 Mobile | Show all posts
You cant blame the welsh if their team is that bad

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:10:07 Mobile | Show all posts
I am staunch union fan myself but i might steal myself to watch the odd RL game

I thought Fuji made films btw

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:10:08 Mobile | Show all posts
\

they tried, first with London Broncos and then with Harlequins who are struggling in the same way that union is struggling up north.Personally i would like to see just one code bringing the best of both codes together as I am sure that would ensure the survival of the game of rugby.Trouble is there is a great deal of opposition to the very notion of union adopting any league aspects such as non contested scrums for e.g.I like lineouts, mauls and rucks but scrums are a pain to watch with all the stop start stop start and the ref constantly blowing for penalties.Matches should be decided by tries and this is where league scores IMO.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 21:10:09 Mobile | Show all posts
Woops, sorry about the spelling. MODS, can you change the spelling in the poll please. Thanks.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:10:10 Mobile | Show all posts
trouble with this WC  is that everyone knows its a foregone conclusion Oz will most likely win with NZ an outside chance and England coming in 3rd.The sport is not popular enough world wide to make it a really credible championship

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:10:11 Mobile | Show all posts
Not sure it can be, sorry. You are going to have to live with the shame

Use magic Report

123Next
Back New