Ping Golf clubs

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:10:35 Mobile | Show all posts
"A bad workman always blames his tools"

It's not the clubs, spend some money on lessons rather than being silly and spending money on new clubs. Nothing wrong with ping clubs.

What is your handicap? The "i" range of clubs are aimed at the lower handicap player, and the "G" at the higher. That's not to say it works that way, just the marketing.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:10:36 Mobile | Show all posts
I started playing a year ago and sadly I'm not much better than when I started, in fact my driving is worse, tried different clubs but it's 90% down to your ability. I've had 3 lessons but it's  time to get some more. I class myself as an unofficial 28 handicap but in reality you can add another 15 to that. Sure I can par or bogey a few but it's several lost balls and a few 8s or 9s a round that wrecks my scores.

Still I can't grumble, my membership is £200 a year  for 7 day access, maybe the cheapest in the country, can't be far off.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 21:10:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Before I bought the i15 I was off 12, I am now off 16.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
That's a lot of missed buffers considering you can only go up 0.1 at a time

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
so in the region of 30 or 40 games of golf to go from 12 to 16.

Have you had any lessons in that time?
Did you have the clubs custom fitted which is what Ping clubs are all about?

Ping won't sell clubs direct, you have to be fitted for them so you should have been fitted at the time you bought them. (loft/lie/offset/grip size etc)

If so - get them checked again.

And get some lessons from a pro. Getting someone else's opinion on your swing is a huge help to see where your going wrong.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 21:10:36 Mobile | Show all posts
As per my first post I was fitted up by American Golf and a I suppose it is more like 2 1/2 years as I bought them February 2011.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
A fitting at American Golf might have been where you went wrong, I've been a golfsmith/Club Builder for 8 years and having been fit previously by a couple of the best fitters in the UK (Jason MacNiven @ Golf Priciples & Ed Roberts @ Applied Golf Technologies) I had a fitting at AG purely as I wanted to compare some numbers from their Launch Monitor and the R1 to compare then to my old R11s....now I know my game and what clubs suit my swing better than most people and the fitter was way off the mark with his recommendation it was laughable

My average Swing speed was 113mph (I'm a hitter not a swinger) and I've a high spin swing which puts a lot of back spin on the ball, so a decent recommendation would have been for something tip stiff and in X-flex or something that is a really stiff 'stiff' shaft as the dispearsion and backspin numbers where extremly high with a few of the shafts we tried but the shaft he suggested in the end that I ordered was a stiff shaft that was mid launch and mid spin so I'd have been hitting the ball with even more backspin and all over the place...moon balls!

And a custom fitting is only as good as the fitter performing it session and how you a swinging on the day, if you're having a bad day swing wise then a good fitter will tell you he can't fit you and ask you to come back....someone less knowledgable or scrupulous will fit you based on the poor number or even on what they have laying up in the stock room.

Go get a couple of lessons from a reputable Pro first to get you swinging properly again then if you still fancy splashing some cash on a new club go for it.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 21:10:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Do yourself a favour , get yourself a lesson with a decent pro - It may cost you £20 but he'll soon tell you if its your swing or the clubs. Ping i15s are great clubs and if the spec is wrong there'll be plenty on ebay that you could swap in to. Have a lesson first though.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 21:10:37 Mobile | Show all posts
Have been trying to get a lesson for the last 4 weeks now so hopefully tomorrow the pro will be available at the same time I am and its dry.

However walked into AG this afternoon and mentioned my trouble and they think I have been wrongly fitted as well as I have red dot and I am 6'2". They asked to bring them in to get them checked.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 21:10:37 Mobile | Show all posts
red dot is 0.75 degrees flat from what I remember. I would expect (unless you are of a funny build, long legs, short body etc), your should be more of an "upright" club @ 6"2.

http://www.ping.com/uploadedFiles/Custom_Fitting/PING_Color_Code_Chart.pdf

Use magic Report

1234Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部