1234Next
Back New
View: 1870|Reply: 36

Santorini

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 22:41:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
hi - we're thinking of going there for a short (7 night) break in the beginning of june...

we've never been there before (but went to Rhodes last year and enjoyed that)...

where's the best places to stay in th way of towns etc..?
saw a cheap deal on a hotel near Kamari... is that a nice place?

what about public transport etc?

thanks

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 22:41:06 Mobile | Show all posts
and we've also saw a hotel in Naxos... anyone been there either?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:41:07 Mobile | Show all posts
You could do a couple of islands, get a flight into athens, then a short tube to the port, catch a ferry to your first island, they are like a mini cruise with some breathtaking scenery on the jourey. Years ago when i weas in my 20's we did a flight into athens, then Paros/Naxos/Ios/santorini and Crete, took a month. Naxos and Ios are highly recommended. When I eventually retire im getting a camper van and doing a grand tour over there.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 22:41:09 Mobile | Show all posts
hi - yep, we went to rhodes island last year and did a boat trip to symi island and the idea of boat hopping does appeal to us... but for this trip - I'm happy to settle in one place as it's only 7 nights

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:41:10 Mobile | Show all posts
Went there at 2012 loved it. Depends on what you into though. North is higher then south. If you into water sports then karami is a good area to base. Cheap as well as people tends to stay at north. Watching Sunset at oia is a must.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 22:41:11 Mobile | Show all posts
well, we just want to chill and explore the local sites really...

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:41:12 Mobile | Show all posts
We stayed at finkia? not far from oia. It was reasonable cheap. The apartment was 30 pound per night. The bus was 2.5 euro to the capital fira.  You can easily spent half a day each in oia and fira. A day trip to the volcano, p.s it was very hot and no shade to be speak off. I won't bother really as it wasn't that interesting. The Greek temple at the persiaa is very good but boy it is a hike. I also recommend a trip to pyrgo in land good day trip out in land. Their local donkey ale and wine is quit good also.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 22:41:13 Mobile | Show all posts
yep, we'll be booking a hotel in the next couple of days - just need to get my hoidays approved from work... will let you know when we've booked it...

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 22:41:15 Mobile | Show all posts
yep, booked up here -
Angel Studios Dahlia Collection, Karterados, Greece

not far from Fira and a lot cheaper than staying there...

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 22:41:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Me and the missus went to santorini last year for 2 weeks, beautiful island, we stopped at hotel 28 in kamari, if you can book a meal at metaxy mas restaurant up in the hills, alot of locals go there and the views and food is spectacular, a sunset meal in Oia is a must aswell as the sunset is beautiful, we did the volcano trip and enjoyed it but it's a fair bit of walking to the top and back in red hot heat

Use magic Report

1234Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部