View: 658|Reply: 12

XVIM CCTV SYSTEM

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:00:26 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have a X vim CCTV SYSTEM.I have installed it and got it up and running.However,I don't know how to set the internet part up.I need someone with knowledge in this type of system to explain to me in plain English language how I set it up(it runs on cloud), what parameters I set, what I set them to etc, and how I use the system over the internet........I also need to know how to use the Pant,Tilt,& Zoom(PTZ), function.I don't even know how to set that up or if it can only be set up to use over the internet.Any help to use this system to its fullness would be greatly appreciated.If it is of any help, the system has 8 infra red cctv cameras running on a 1 gig hard drive.the hard drive says H264 network dvr

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:00:27 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi, I have the 4 cam version and am also struggling to get the remote viewer software to work. My network is set up with no conflicts but the android camera software just will not connect to the cams...Frustrating to say the least. Hope someone can us out of our misery.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:00:28 Mobile | Show all posts
I too have the same system 8 cam. Everything is working fine but we can't set up the internet to connect to our android phones. Please help someone.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:00:29 Mobile | Show all posts
I’m going to guess the app this used (N_Eye I believe) has become our if day. In the App Store at least it hasn’t been updated for over a year.

If it was working you enter your serial number and away it should go (whether that was ever reliable is debatable).

These rely on a direct P2P view of the device so that is usually a code generated by the device somewhere in the  menu that makes the device visible without looking for your main and local IP address. Check the menus to look for that - it’s connecting to the internet you look for - not connecting to your local network.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:00:30 Mobile | Show all posts
First, have you configured the DVR box with a static IP address or if using DHCP bound the supplied address to the box's MAC address ?
Second, if configured right you should be able to use a PC or laptop to access it on the LAN.

For access from outside it is a bit more complex -

First you need to find out what ports the system uses. You would then need to open these ports on the firewall on the router for use. For incoming traffic on the ports point it to the DVR box.

Setup users on DVR box for access.

In most cases a home user will not have a static address set on the router so you will need to sign up for a Dynamic DNS service. This will allow you to get to your router from outside with ease. Another to check for beforehand is to see if the manufacturer offers default DDNS settings.

Point - when testing external access to the DVR remember to switch off wifi first on the device you are using!!!

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:00:31 Mobile | Show all posts
I agree a static address may be used but I think it is rare nowadays. Mostly due to the complications for users who have no idea about what it means and their ISP prices a dynamic address as standard.

The menu on the device would normally allow the option to use static or dynamic for device discovery at the router and if dynamic then provide de some kind of ID and password. Some have a QR Code the device generates from memory.

Anyway the OP is maybe struggling with the whole seeing the device from the internet issue.  I searched for the instructions for that device and a generic Chinese device and software instructions came up. As I posted the app that used is out of date in the Apple store at least. If the OP can at least confirm if they got that far or exactly where they were having issues  that would help. They don’t seem to appear using @ which doesn’t help to ask for some details of where they are at either.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 23:00:32 Mobile | Show all posts
After 2 hours of playing around with every setting possible I have sussed it.
Dvr is connected via Ethernet to router all showed up as connected to internet but p2p was showing as disconnected. After almost giving up and deciding to try email alert I entered email settings for email in alarm section and that’s when p2p showed as connected. All works on laptop and phone can view remotely. It requires your email address, account user name (email address again) and password for email. Hope this helps you all out.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:00:33 Mobile | Show all posts
I bought my 8 channel on E bay with a 3 year store warranty and its almost 2 years old and recently got a warning sign . " Warning No partition in common Disk group" such that it no longer records. The Manual is hard to follow and have sent numerous e mail to XVim via ebay and direct to their e mail but they do not respond as belwo.
Q1.) Does anybody Know how to get this up and running again  or Q2.)  Got a UK contact No or e mail for there UK Oldham dispatch depot
​                 
Why are you not responding to my numerous e mails to rectify the fault??   its  2 years old and under your 3 year store warranty  Here is my last message sent to you on 21 Nov 2109 so please resolve my issue,

New message to: surveillance14
Further Reminder for your response to the message sent

"Hi I have not received a reply to my e mail or my e bay message and have just sent you another e mail tomaxsightcctv gmail adress as follows which shows the purchase history string so can you please respond

Can you please respond as need my CCTV operational

To clarify.

1) I got a warning (No partition in common Disk group)and somehow it just  erased all previous recordings except for last 4 days and when I set it back to factory setting all recordings went.

2). When I press the 3 options "prompt Alarm" box on the Display Warning "No partition in common Disk group" and it just continues to cycle the 8 channels and display the 4 cameras. It no longer records

3). When I press " OK " the 8 channel still displays but when I hit Main Menu I again get the Display Warning (Once only) then press OK again I can access the Main Menu options

4). When I press "CLEAR" the 8 channel still displays but when I hit Main Menu it keeps displaying the Display Warning

Can you please guide me through the reset process as its not stated in the manual you previously sent. Ideally I need a UK contact telephone number of somebody familiar with this product to get this working again

Regards

Paul

surveillance14
Hello friend, when did you order the system? and what is your inbox,we will send a manual to you,thanks.
sledgeuk1:
Hi There I have a 4 camera 8 channel H264 which was working fine until this morning as it no longer records but cameras are all ok . I checked record history and only the last 4 days showed until midnight last night 13/11/2019, I rebooted it and WARNING signal " No partition in common Disk group" I have inserted Prompt alarm box no change OK No Change and Cancel No change except now no record history completely gone

​   

​                                                                        
​                       
surveillance14                       

​                                                                                                                                                                                                
​                                             

Hello friend, when did you order the system? and what is your inbox,we will send a manual to you,thanks.
​                                          

​                                             
​                       
sledgeuk1:                       

​                                 

Hi There I have a 4 camera 8 channel H264 which was working fine until this morning as it no longer records but cameras are all ok . I checked record history and only the last 4 days showed until midnight last night 13/11/2019, I rebooted it and WARNING signal " No partition in common Disk group" I have inserted Prompt alarm  box  no change  OK No Change and Cancel No change except there is now no record history at all . I then put it to "Factory Settings" and still no recording. How do I reset it to record thanks Paul​

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:00:34 Mobile | Show all posts
Can you get to the main menu ? It should look like this or similar -

Choose system Setup which will take you to -

Then choose HDD Setup to get to -

From here you can select Format at the bottom. This will format the disk and the system should begin recording again.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 23:00:34 Mobile | Show all posts
thanks for the swift response maf1970. Not really up to speed with this but have a different format. From the first screen hit Config the 2nd screen hit  "EDIT" on " Device Name" then on 3rd screen got Device Name to fill in so what do I enter here.  I have gone back to main menu and hit disc Manage and have posted the sequence on a follow on page

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部