View: 87|Reply: 0

Absolute nonsensical rubbish- an insult to Bram Stoker's Dracula

[Copy link]
5-1-2020 21:27:16 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I i don't often post comments on TV drama but I just watched BBC 'Dracula' and I am absolutely furious. It claims is is based on Bram Stoker's Dracula- a classic novel which I read that is absolutely enthralling. So I was excited to see a BBC adaptation of it. Instead I was subjected to an hour and a half of absolute crap which had nothing to do with the novel apart from the name! It reflects nothing of the horror of the novel and other TV adaptations, of atmosphere of Transylvania of the fascinating build up of Dracula character. To clarify in simple terms Jonathon Harker was not drained of the lifeforce, didnt become a vampire. Dracula left him in the care of his three brides and he eventually escaped, recovered and married Mina. Van Helsing is a man not an atheist nun. Dracula did not go to a nunnery in Hungary to slaughter Nuns (why would he even bother to do so from Romania!). And if the screen writers are going to suggest Dracula would go to a nunnery he be cleverer ways to get in than coming out of a dog naked and trying to scare them in such a stupid way. Did the screen writers even read the Novel.

score 1/10

steviepmcmanus 1 January 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5373352/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部