View: 81|Reply: 0

Salt N Pepa's Here!

[Copy link]
28-1-2021 22:04:03 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
When the "Push It" single and video dropped, I was a 14 year old kid, glued to the TV and radio as these two fierce, young, female newcomers hit the rap scene hard with their fly hairdos and fat gold chains. They were instant hip hop icons having been matched with the genius of Hurby Love Bug's beats and rhymes that heated up hip hop airwaves.

For me in LA, Salt and Pepa stayed in heavy rotation on 1580 KDAY, the premier hip hop station of the era, proving that they were far from one hit wonders. My favorite Salt N Pepa song of all time is still "Get Up," with its heavy bass and melodic piano riff that hit so hard, the male dominated hip hop world had to take notice.

The project was quality, although I would have liked to see more of Spinderella's story as well. She was a vital component of the group from the moment she replaced the original Spin. It was clear that Salt and Pepa were involved in telling their story from start to finish and it wasn't some made up account of what transpired. It felt authentic and I was also glad to hear their actual music throughout the film. As for the starring actors, they embodied their characters and were cast perfectly! I hope to see more of all of them in other projects.

score 9/10

seansoulo73 27 January 2021

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw6534746/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部