It gets better, believe me.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 06:07:13 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
score 7/10

This show is definitely not what Spider-Man needed to be redeemed from Ultimate Spider-Man series, but in ways is just as good or maybe a bit better. Unlike Ultimate Spider-Man, this show is a little more serious and yet not as creative in design. The character designs are pretty simplistic and almost every character is just a slightly different replicate of the other. One thing this show does have, is its ability to take things pretty serious for the most part and still stay true to a high school version of Peter Parker.

Some major issues that I have concern for is staying true to it's source material. Everything that happens and is placed in the show is from some form of comic, but not in a way that will please the fans of Spidey. Some of which includes Horizon High and Peter getting transferred from Midtown over to there for school instead (happens in first 2 episodes). There are other minor issues like that, plus the character development is either too weak or too fast-paced, at first. As this series progresses, you get to understand each character and get more and better development from the characters. Some other character arcs I feel were pushed too far in advanced or just too predictable, especially if you are a fan of the comics. What I mean is there are characters that you may know to develop and become a villain later in the show.

The good thing about this show is that it is enjoyable and really embraces and focuses on Spider-Man at it's core rather than universe building. Don't get me wrong, there is some of that, but its not as forceful as Ultimate was. It definitely almost feels like Disney is trying to look at Spectacular Spider-Man and their Ultimate series, and they are trying to take the good from both. At first I failed to see any success in that, but as you delve deeper into the series, it really pays off. You get a lot of unique story arcs and lesser known characters and villains making their debut and it's more exciting than I thought. Still not a "Spectacular," "Ultimate," or "Amazing" series, but for just being labeled as a basic Spider-Man, it really is pretty basic.

PS: Ultimate Spider-Man did not live up to it's name

jogre17 19 July 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4243991/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部