Pure boredom

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
21-11-2019 07:10:09 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
score 1/10

Note to self: be sure to check the default sort order for IMDb reviews. I realize now that it was set to 'best' and combined with all the glowing reviews and 8.5 stars I was going to enjoy my first night at the movies since Christmas.

So very wrong.

I don't thank I'm revealing any spoilers, but just in case, i'll say it now.

The movie is about a linguist brought in to try and communicate with aliens that have appeared around the globe. And that's it. You would think that if she was successful there would be huge implications and if she was not successful there would also be huge implications. In the end, there were no implications - she wrote a book. And the book had no impact on the world either. The end.

This is why I'm such a happy Netflix customer. I can give the movie half an hour to get going and when I realize that it's going to be a stinker (aka Fury) I can stop it and move on to something else. In this case, I was trapped in a sold out theatre. When it was done everyone just quietly filed out. I'm pretty sure its because, like me they were trying to figure out what the point was and how they got tricked into watching it.

I'll give it a star though for the music score.

jlgibbs30 13 November 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3579464/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部