View: 121|Reply: 0

Awful movie

[Copy link]
21-11-2019 07:10:10 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
score 1/10

Here is the first spoiler, you will never get back the time you waste by watching this movie. The story line is based on a linguistics professor being recruited to communicate with, ahhh well...squid...over sized face huggers...who knows and even more importantly who really cares? The creature design is uninteresting and done to death. The ships the squid arrive in are...can you guess it? If you were thinking giant pebble...you are absolutely right. If not and were expecting inspired ships designs...sorry...nil points. The film tries to be cleaver by lots and lots of random cut scenes combined with a weak story line and characters which fails to connect with the audience. The language used by the aliens in my opinion would take years to decode and the antagonist of the movie manages to crack a written language based on circles in mere months. There is a real lack of explanation as to the motives of some of secondary characters, as a rouge team of military personnel attempt to blow up one of the 12 giant pebbles. Why? Surely they can't expect us to believe that a YouTube clip motivated them to possibly doom all of humanity? The movie is boring. You can feel every minute slowly tick by. As your brain is assaulted by a million random cut scenes of babies, people passing away and other mundane rubbish, you wish you were in front of a freshly painted wall watching the paint dry.

That's not all! When you get to the actual stage that you wish that real aliens would just blast you with a ray gun to end the misery of watching Arrival...it ends. It's not a joyous occasion, I mean yes you are thankful the film has ended but it plummets even further into dire and mediocre pit of misery and despair. It is finally ascertained that the squid have a tool or gift for humanity. Upon the discovery that the squid will do us a favour and will return in a mere 3000 years to ask for our help in return. This is the best bit...oh sweet lord...the squid and their giant pebbles dissolve like fizzy tablets. They give us nothing...and to be honest most of us will be dead in 3000 years...so we'll worry about that when we get to it. The main protagonist is then seduced by a smooth talking scientist who breaks the ice by saying "Wanna make a baby?". You try that...please. Go up to a lady you fancy in a location of your choosing and blurt out the immortal words "Wanna make a baby?". She will either have you arrested or will destroy you were you stand. Either way I wouldn't consider it solid dating advice.

I would like to conclude by saying please listen to my mad ramblings and don't watch this movie. If like me, you enjoy Sci-Fi there are dozens of better films out there. Arrival is not original, the story line is weak, the monsters are dire and their ships are dreadful. I am a massive Forest Whittaker fan and the man is still a legend. Only two questions I would like to ask him...Why did you choose to be in arrival? & when is Blood Sports 2 going to be made?

jeremy-clay59 11 November 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3578570/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部