12345Next
Back New
Author: Bl4ckGryph0n

BG VW Golf Mk II GTI 8v

[Copy link]
 Author| 24-11-2019 22:44:17 Mobile | Show all posts

Well, generally that was a good statement but I've uncovered a bit of an issue....Just shows that I should have stuck to my 'weird request' when buying a second hand car; Can I wash you car please.....

Washing a car yourself gives you a much better view of the actual condition of the vehicle paintwork that looking at someone else handy work. I'd also would have noticed that the wings are like this...

Anyway, so yesterday I gave it a good wash;
Pre-soak with a milt detergent -> Valet Pro Citrus Pre-WashRinsed the vehicle with power washerShampoo'd the car using two bucket method -> I had some supagard shampoo left from our GLS where they put it on without our permission, so I used thatRinsed the vehicle with power washerDried with chamois leatherClayed it using a left over piece of unused meguiars clay, using lots of water in a sprayer as lubricantAnd I got to giving it a hand polish using Poorboys Black HoleToday I'll put some protection on it as I've got a tub of Poorboys Natty Paste Wax left.

The car is pretty smooth and looking good, but 32 years have taken its toll on the paint. The roof especially is in a pretty bad condition, although not bad enough for an immediate respray but worse than I thought.

This is a bit worse looking at it does as I have an LED inspection lamp right on it, but still....

Rest of the car came up pretty good and not uncovered rust as such...

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 22:44:17 Mobile | Show all posts
Yup that is the one, one little fob for the dash and a remote unlocking single button as well that has about 10,000 functions but only one button.

Useful info as a heads up to trace the wires...First I got to find the control box

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:44:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Those BBS alloys in the reflection are taunting me. Get them on the car!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:44:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Erm, these cropped up on my Instagram, but think they’re more appropriate for @Bl4ckGryph0n  than me......

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 22:44:19 Mobile | Show all posts
Four are being refurbished That one is broken. And once done they will go the car

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:44:19 Mobile | Show all posts
Me likely. I’ve got that interior in my GTI.

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 22:44:20 Mobile | Show all posts
No, no, no. It’s for his daughter remember

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 22:44:20 Mobile | Show all posts
It will go nice with her doc martins. Except you wouldn’t see them...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
24-11-2019 22:44:20 Mobile | Show all posts
Before you spend time looking everywhere for the control box take the casing off from around the steering column and look at the wiring around the ignition switch as these units were wired into the wires at the ignition switch.
Usually the wires were cut and the units fitted to each side of the main wires to insert the unit in the circuit...reconnect these wires and trace the wiring from here...you will come across the rest of the system...they were simply wired up by cutting a wire in each circuit. If you only want the starter to work properly without touching the fob against the piece in the dash then just bridge the wires fitted in the ignition circuit near the ignition switch.

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 22:44:20 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you useful Yup no canbus or anything like that on those vehicles

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部