1234Next
Back New
View: 893|Reply: 33

1l ecoboost fiesta zetec st-line

[Copy link]
24-11-2019 23:46:30 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Anyone running one of these? The 125bhp version?

I currently run a 2012 awd Kuga and since changing jobs that involve about 20 miles a day's worth of driving if I'm lucky...the Kuga is just way to thirsty on the diesel.

Was looking at a few zetec s fiestas and wonders of they are nippy and good to drive.

I'm used to the 2.0l diesel of the Kuga so not sure if the small fiesta engine will bore the life out me

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:46:31 Mobile | Show all posts
One of my colleagues at work has one of these on a 17 plate.  He's had it since new and no problems so far - he seems to think it's alright.
I have heard about some serious problems with the 1.0 ecoboost engines recently so it might be worth doing some homework first. I think it was something to do with overheating and cracking the cylinder head?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 23:46:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Going from a 2.0l turbo Diesel to a 1.0l is my main concern, I know Ford say these new engines are as good as a 1.6, but I'm assuming that's them talking up their own product a little and its more like a 1.2/1.4

I guess the only way I'll find out is to test drive one and see what it's like

I really need a change tho, I'm not doing the miles daily now to justify a big engine. I'm just bracing myself for the ridiculous offer they will give me in trade in value which likely wont pay off my current finance (HP)

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:46:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Why not look at a slightly bigger petrol engine.  I don't like the idea of these very small petrol engines being pushed with a bigger turbo to try and increase the BHP.  Surely they must be seriously lacking in torque?
Is the 1.0 ecoboost a 3 cylinder engine?

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 23:46:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Hmm worth a look for sure

I'm not sure if it's a 3 cylinder or not...not really into the finee details, if it looks good and goes well thats all that bothers me

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:46:32 Mobile | Show all posts
Book yourself a test drive and let us know what you think.
I would have thought that the drop in torque from a 2.0 diesel would make it a little frustrating to drive.  I could be completely wrong though!

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 23:46:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah thats my worry

may be something I'll have to live with though, i need something that does more than 38mpg and likely to get worse now I'm doing short distance travel

In an ideal world, I'd go for the Fiesta ST, but for my budget they are all high mileage ones out there

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:46:33 Mobile | Show all posts
Make sure you read up about the problems with that engine.  I read that some people have had the engine replaced more than once.

Use magic Report

Author| 24-11-2019 23:46:33 Mobile | Show all posts
had a look around t'internet today, seems a lot of engine replacements, but frmo what I can see its on older models, and the engine design has been tweaked from then
I dare say there are stil some horror stories out there right enough, for every 1 bad story there are likely 100 good ones, nobody hears about but it's good to see them all and get a look at what folk have encountered

Use magic Report

24-11-2019 23:46:33 Mobile | Show all posts
I don't know all the details but as long as you know what cars are affected I guess you should be OK.

Use magic Report

1234Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部