Author: Don Dadda

Jaguar XF V6s

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 00:02:07 Mobile | Show all posts
Almost 2 weeks in and i'm loving this car. I'm enjoy driving again now.
The family seem to love it even more as every minute, they now have some place to go and can i drive. The cockpit is a very sumptuous place to be in with the blue lighting around the center console and and door switches complementing the dashboard lighting. And the rear isn't shabby either.

The Infotainment system, operationally, I found to be simple to suss out, though i am still getting use to the layout of things. I can't help think that things could of been done better but on what i'm unsure. It just feels a bit all over the place to me.
I haven't  checked if the audio side is B&W or Meridian and after a week and a half, those that know me on here are probably asking 'why' as i am particular how music should sound to me in any environment  - i just haven't yet as either way it sounds awesome.  Back in the day, what sounds that came with the cars that we could afford were rubbish. We would of upgraded the whole shebang straight away without thought. Radio/cassette deck, put speakers on back shelf, install amps under the seats and maybe a tube sub in the boot to get this kind of sound.

However, while that is all well and good, i have an issue with the usb. It doesn't recognize any of the mp3's i have. I tried a couple of sticks , refomatted as fat32 which they were already and added tags to no avail

Anybody had this problem and resolved it ?

Fuel performance isn't as bad as i'd feared ( i'm sceptical about the info on the spec sheet) being quite a heavy car. Probably same or not far from the golf.
The pull on this beast is something else. I almost had brown pants when I first unleashed it. I just wasn't expecting it to be as rapid as it is.
I've  seen many reports that the 20" tyres can be rough. Yes -  Definitely firm and being low profile, would expect a few more bumps than the average, but compared to what i just came from, its like riding on air.  I don't quince or brace when approaching a bump or last minute port hole anymore.

The dreaded DPF light came on  yesterday on the way home after collecting the kids. Consulted the books and it does say that it will appear between every 200-300 km if not removed by giving the car a regular blast. So me driving in London and not getting past  30mph doesn't help. This i knew anyway and was prepared but not so soon after i bought it. Took it on the motorway last night and it was gone in 10 mins and it also gave me a chance to open it up a bit now that i am use to it.
Effortlessly got to legal limit without thinking. And when needed, the kick down was on point. I don't mind saying I pulled into my local petrol station with a smug look.

Took it to the garage this morning to get bumper repaired and will be without it for up to 5 days .  I asked them how much the repair will be (not that i'm paying so purely out of curiosity ) and was told £2796 . I won't lie, that was a shock to my system. In my head i was thinking a few hundred for the bumper, add paint  and fitting so close to £1k or a bit over. Was not expecting the best part of £3k.

Anyhoo, one very happy newcomer to the XF family.
Long may it continue
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:02:08 Mobile | Show all posts
Do you have the usb stick plugged into the slot under the arm rest or the glove box? As I recall, it has to be the arm rest slot.

B&W vs Meridian - should be obvious, either is branded at the speaker locations. If it isn't, then its some flavour of the Jaguar sound system.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:02:09 Mobile | Show all posts
If you have the ipod interface USB unput, you can use an iPod as a virtual disk changer. When I had mine, you had to use the dedicated USB input in the centre armrest storage area.
The DPF is a pain on these - wait until you're stuck in a non-moving motorway hold up and the warning light comes on - don't even think about stop/starting it, will make it worse!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 00:02:10 Mobile | Show all posts
In the slot in the arm rest.
Didn't know there was one in the glove box, Will look when i get the car back.

Don't have an ipod.
And mate, living is London is forever slow moving traffic.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 00:02:11 Mobile | Show all posts
I went with my father in law to test drive an XF PL 2.2  yesterday which he loved so that's as good as bought. I didn't convert him, he was thinking about one at the same time as me  and going in mine helped him along .
Anyhoo I tried the same USB stick in that with same results -don't work-  which indicate the USB or files are the issue. However, while my car is being repaired, I've been given a VW Passat and been happily using the same USB stick in there without issues. And everywhere else to add.

The stick is fat32 formatted.
Tracks are MP3 with rates of 128 and 192.
All tracks are on the root level.
Not tried any aac files as I don't have any.

Has anybody had and resolved this issue?
Does the infotainment system needs to at a certain  version and if so what is that?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:02:12 Mobile | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 00:02:13 Mobile | Show all posts
Got the car back and all is crisp and pristine.

Still no joy with the USB but I'm happy to use Bluetooth with my old android phone seeing as it can be charged by the USB port. I can browse it in the same way.

I can confirm that there is no label of any sort on any of the speakers or anywhere in the car.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 00:02:13 Mobile | Show all posts
Sorry to 'Lazarus' this but have couple of questionss:

1)Engine Oil -  I know it needs to be 5W30/WSS-M2C934-B as my XF has a DPF but which one to buy? If i go by jags recommendation, (Castrol EDGE® Professional 5w30) which i dont mind but i'be paying through the nose. So i am looking to see if anybody are using alternatives and the cost of that.

2) Brakes -  Low brakes message has kicked in. It doesn't say whether which, rear or front, but after checking, its more likely to be the rears  and not as straight forward a replacement as thought. Sensors replacement, Parking brake reset and some other stuff i've read has to be done other than straight replacement of pads. So i asking what it cost others and did they replace it themselves, local mechanic or dealer?

My uncle's a mechanic and a very good one at that, owns his own garage who specializes in gearboxes and clutches but is experienced to know his way around an entire car - no matter the make. So I would normally let him work on my cars without fear. However, he's old school and he himself is not so up to date with the systems of the latest of modern cars and their procedures. So would rather not let him loose on my jag just yet.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 00:02:13 Mobile | Show all posts
Jag XF 3.0 Diesel

Can't help with the oil (left that to Jag Service)
On mine. the rear brakes went first, they tend to go pretty quickly due to the car's traction controls applying them automatically during driving to prevent wheel spin.

I entrusted a local Halfords to do mine, cost was about £150.00 (admittedly about 4 years ago now) for both sides and Bosch parts were used - I watched the entire process throughout and they did a good job. Much cheaper than Jag wanted to replace them.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 00:02:13 Mobile | Show all posts
Jaguar do the 3  service pricing for >3 year old cars  Fixed Price Servicing | Ownership | Jaguar UK

I've done my own brakes before including the discs and the last time I had a local indy do them for £180.  The handbrake reset is very easy to do.  The easiest way was to disconnect the battery for 30 secs once the work had been done.  After reconnecting the battery, start up the car and you get a message on the dash to press the brake pedal and engage the hand brake.  If you don't get the message automatically then there is a reset procedure (instructions are listed in the how to guide linked to below).

Since you have the low brake message you will need a new sensor cable, these are plug and play in the wheel arch and clip into the brake pad on the drivers side.

There is a how to guide on the following forum Jaginfo - Jaguar XF Forum

Oil changes have been done either by Jag dealer or local indy so they source the oil for me.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部