Author: brumhee

Official Marvel Graphic Novel Collection: Fortnightly Hardbacks

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:12:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Wow been away from this thread for weeks. Totally forgot with being off sick. Anyway I received my issues 2-3 last week and a letter stating they were waiting more stock of the free gifts. I've not even opened xmen or iron man yet!
I go for an op this Thursday so might take them into hospital with me.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Hello!

missed this thread...is it too late to subscribe? Very tempted to get these

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Hi,

Dillondford asked:
You will need to speak to Hachette for full confirmation, but I have a feeling that once the invoice or statement is sent to you, you have between 10 and 14 days before the money is taken from your credit/debit card, or your bank account (if you've set-up a Direct Debit). If, however, you have chosen to pay by Invoice, then you may get away with paying it a little on the late-side. However, I would defiinitely do my best to pay it on time, as non-payment can a) put all subsequent issues on hold, until the outstanding amount is paid in full; b) affect your credit status, and c) cause other problems.

ODB_69 - You have until the publication of Issue 6 which will be out in the first week of March, to be eligible for ALL of the free gifts (free Issue 3, bag, ZAP bookends, Hulk DVD, and mug). If you wish to subscribe, do so ASAP, and call them. Don't rely on their website subscription form! If you subscribe after Issue 6, I don't think you get the bookends, nor the Free Issue 3, but you should get the rest of the freebies... But do double-check this with Hachette!

Addyb - Hope all goes well with the op. And yes, I'd definitely take the novels with you to read. Issue 3 - Iron Man: Extremis - is a fantastic story, and very dark in tone.

Pooch

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Thanks Pooch!

Does the price include postage btw? I saw an earlier post with someone (actually may have been yourself) saying they'd been charged more than expected

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Hi ODB_69,

You're welcome! If you subscribe, all items and issues are delivered to you free of charge.

Therefore, at two issues per month, at £9-99 per issue, you should expect to pay £19-98 per month, via your subscription. The first couple of invoices may differ from this, as it will depend on:

1) What issue you subscribe from, AND

2) What issues they can send out to you in the first couple of packages, (as they don't currently have stock of all of the first five issues - see Post #119 from 20th Feb 2012 here for an explanation)

Any more queries or questions, let me know, and I'll do my best to help you (or anyone else) out.

Pooch

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:12:44 Mobile | Show all posts
thanks again Pooch. I'll order this afternoon then

final question - Could you point me in the direction of the number I need to ring and anything I need to quote etc please. I want to subscribe from Issue 1 obvo but I see there is a shortage currently of those issues so happy to start wherever. Seeing the big image of all the issues together looks great, I hope they do the Punisher one soon!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Thanks pooch. I was tempted to read dark phoenix earlier. I will save them for hospital though. Really enjoyed the spiderman issue and looking forward to the rest. I used to be a big hulk and thor fan as a kid but cant reallly remember what i read.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
just subscribed. I gave up twice though cause the operators couldnt understand me lol

all ordered, starting from issue 1 which is on back order

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Hi ODB_69,

Although it sounds like you've successfully subscribed, just in case, the best number to call is their London HQ number, which is:

0207-014-5950

Explain that you've been having problems subscribing, or whatever, and someone there should be able to help you out. Just make sure you explain what issue(s) you want/need to subscribe from, and that you want to make sure that you get all of the free gifts, which are:

- Free "THE HULK" movie on DVD
- Free sports bag/holdall
- Free ZAP Bookends
- Free mug
- Free Issue 3 (Iron Man - Extremis)

Lastly, as far as I know, there won't be any volumes featuring The Punisher, due to the (often) adult content that his character's stories deal in. The publishers, Hachette, didn't want to include any material that was likely to cause major offence or upset, and so have been really careful to not include any characters or stories that deal with realistic or sadistic violence. Issue 3 - "Iron Man: Extremis" - is likely to be the one volume that pushes the boundaries, and if you've read it, you'll see what I mean, as they are aiming the entire collection from people aged 14 and over.

As most of "The Punisher" stories are now published under the Marvel Max Extreme label, (I think that's what it's called), and are aimed at readers 17 years and over, Hachette have purposely chosen not to include any of his stories, which I am saddened by, but I can certainly understand.

Pooch

Use magic Report

OK - I finally received a reply from an email I sent them ages ago - might be of interest to anyone who has just / is thinking about subscribing now.

I asked what would happen as I subscribed from issue 1 when 4 or so issues were already out - would I receive all the back issues at once to catch up, or would it still be 2 issues per month.
They say that they will only send 2 issues per month - which is fair enough. They don't see it as being behind as every subscription starts at a different time and will have a different dispatch schedule accordingly - e.g. whilst earlier subscribers are currently at issue 5 or so, later subscribers are not, and any new subscribers (if they start with issue 1) will start from the beginning.

I'm fine with this as I doubt I'd have time to read more than 2 per month anyway, but one slightly annoying thing is that if you start with issue 1, the first dispatch is only issue 1, which means it'll probably be about a month and a half before I get 2 and 3. Unluckily I've already got the Coming Home storyline from the short time I bought Astonishing Spiderman (along with Revelations if the leaked list is to be believed - the only 2 I've read out of them all! ) which means only getting issue 1 this month is slightly disappointing.

Pooch - are you sure about the Punisher?
The leaked list seems pretty accurate so far (admittedly early days) and that suggests two Punisher issues - Welcome Back Frank parts 1 and 2.

Also, when I log into the Hachette website and look at my subscription details - under transactions it says "22/02/12 - graphic novel 1 - £2.99"
Does this mean it was dispatched on the 22nd - or was that when they took the money from my account - or both?
Thanks

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部