Author: Smurfin

Anyone here collect 1st/1st signed editions?

[Copy link]
25-11-2019 04:21:49 Mobile | Show all posts
For a 1st? Yes. I haven't looked recently, but the cheapest I saw was £50. I see the one you are talking about - good luck!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:21:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Oh forgot I got a Red Seas Proof edition. Plus, you know that Game of Thrones Proof I said you should get for £100? There is one on eBay for £500 at the moment...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 04:21:51 Mobile | Show all posts
The thing I've learnt is an asking price on ebay is no measure of an item's value.  There's a S/L/D Rivers of London on there for £149, but it doesn't mean it's worth it, as my copy cost £35 in p p.  Admittedly mine is only signed, but the premium for L/D doesn't extend that far in my experience.

There's lots of chancers on ebay imho, and I always go to "completed" listings to get a true value of something's worth.  I did find it interesting that the Rivers of London didn't sell even at £39 considering what (I think) they're worth.  At least I have the set now, maybe I should go read it

The one I still find interesting is Mark Lawrence.  Aside from the odd cheap exception, just signed editions of Prince of Thorns are still going for up to £30 each.  Which makes me think that (hopefully) my signed, lined, dated, doodled copy is going to fetch a premium within 12 months, when he brings out the last part of the trilogy

Will also be interesting to see if the big supermarkets run with King of Thorns in paperback (as they did with the first one), as it's things like this (imho) which help to get a book to critical mass.  In fact I bought the first one in paperback after seeing it in Tescos

Nothing new for me this week, although in the next few days I'm due to get a big load of first editions coming through:

Justin Cronin - The Twelve (Goldsboro Exclusive Signed and Numbered)
William Horwood - Harvest (Hyddenworld Quarter vol 3)
Mike Oldfield - The Sentinel (Goldsboro book of the month)
Peter F Hamilton - Great North Road
Bernard Cornwell - 1356
C J Sansom - Dominion
Joe Abercrombie - Red Country

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:21:51 Mobile | Show all posts
I hope to be at FP to get Red Country and another signing....he did a reading of Heroes (which I havent read yet)

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:21:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Not a first edition, and hes not the auther, but is this allowed to be posted in this thread?

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:21:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Should put this in this thread.

To read what it says, its a passage from page 78

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:21:54 Mobile | Show all posts
Another Proof for me, a bargin £10 Not signed, but I will get it signed next time he releases a book. Plus, I may have read it by then

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 04:21:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Just for you Theydon, here's my growing collection of 1st/1sts/signed/collectibles...

All of the GRRM ones arrived yesterday/today, and they're all 1sts apart from Clash of Kings.  Not that it makes much difference as these aren't really worth anything unless you have the first book.  I'm still tempted to buy one....

edit:  Just bought another one too, the first in a while.  I've ordered another copy of King of Thorns, this one being one of 10 copies he's signed, lined, dated and doodled.  If I get the final part of his trilogy next year, that'll be the whole trilogy S/L/D/D   Wonder how much they'll be worth in a couple of years

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 25-11-2019 04:21:56 Mobile | Show all posts
As of right now, after 24 hours there's one copy left at £40....

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 04:21:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Hello All...

i'm posting these pictures of my husbands 2 1st Edition Hardcover copies of David Gemmells Legend. We just wondered if anyone knew why they have different bindings?

He's going to register later and share his collection with you. (I wont steal his Thunder haha!)

Thankyou in advance for any information you have to help....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部