Author: Smurfin

Anyone here collect 1st/1st signed editions?

[Copy link]
25-11-2019 04:22:06 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi all
This is the husband lol from what I know the one in red looks unread both are ex library the dust jacket on both copy's are identical I removed the worse looking one from its cover and it looks just as good as the other, as for been a rebound copy I don't think it is from my experience of rebounds there either really bad or good and carry a sticker or marking from the people that rebound it as for value I have seen worse copy's sell on eBay for around £70
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:22:08 Mobile | Show all posts
Can you take a pic of the reverse of the last shot, showing the pages? Ie the opposite of the spine shot. Then a top shot to show any spine lean etc - as depending on condition worth more than £70 easily.

Still thinking a rebound but I don't have anything to back it up -  the font of Legend is wrong and the Centery logo missing - it's all printed.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:22:09 Mobile | Show all posts
Your right there but it looks untouched possibly a very early edition? I can't see why it would of been rebound the spine is straight as a new book has zero lean and the pages are not worn at all no turned corners or anything

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:22:10 Mobile | Show all posts
That's why it possibly is a rebound to remove the originals spine lean.

My mate just emailed me and his is the black with silver that you have.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:22:10 Mobile | Show all posts
Possibly but there is only a few stamps in the book and it's from Shetland libraries and I doubt there would be enought people there to read it and wear it out to need to be rebound lol but why would a library take the effort of the lettering on the spine? Surely they would of left it blank

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:22:11 Mobile | Show all posts
As I said I don't know for certain mate, and as said very jealous! Do you have more Gemmell firsts? How much did you get those for - but seeing as how your Missus has an account perhaps a price for the forum and then pm me the multiplier to get to the right price

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:22:12 Mobile | Show all posts
Haha the missus knows exactly what I spent and if I tell you I will only make you more jealous lmao I have plenty of firsts only missing king beyond the gate last sword of power and waylander and also drenai tales vol 2

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:22:13 Mobile | Show all posts
I have a Last Sword of Power - bought at cover price from a book shop in Totty ct road - Murder One - which I don't think is there anymore. Drenia Tales 2 I bought recently - I think if you go back in this thread you will see it as that was one I was missing - perfect copy flat signed for £100. I also recently bought a hardback version of Vol 1 as I had the paperback and then found it had a massive ding to the spine, meaning I of course needed to replace it with a hardback version which cost a pretty penny mags again I think is in this thread.

Do you have any proof editions? Did you ever meet him?

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:22:14 Mobile | Show all posts
No proofs never met him only started reading about 3yrs ago, what u pay for drenai tales vol one?? Which version was it??

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 04:22:15 Mobile | Show all posts
This is a post from page one of this thread which has pics.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部