View: 3086|Reply: 179

why is there so much hatred for Corbyn?

[Copy link]
25-11-2019 21:41:53 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
is it all media driven..?

I've got friends who can't stand him and will never vote labour whilst he's in charge (normally citing the fact he supports the IRA etc)...they won't vote conservative either it seems..

so, if they hate for Corbyn is real, then why don't labour get someone else in instead?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:41:55 Mobile | Show all posts
He deserves a lot of flak, especially for the anti-Semitism, appeasing Russia, pushing out moderate Labour MPs, etc; but I find it disproportionate relative to what other parties and politicians get for their similar behaviour .... so yep, media driven to a certain degree, considering our mostly right wing press, combined with those issues along with his general awkwardness.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:41:56 Mobile | Show all posts
OK, not hatred, but:

For me Corbyn is an old idealistic fool.

A history of supporting undesirables, IRA, Hezbollha & even RussiaAnti-Israel (no idea if anti-Jew but doubt it, he's not racist IMO)Can't seem to make a decisionNo charisma, poor public imageWants to unilaterally get rid of our nuclear deterrent (this alone is a no-no for me)Wants strong Unions to hold country to ransom again as per 70'sDoesn't understand that if you tax wealthy too much they will just leave & take their business & job creation activities with them. Needs to be done world over and no chance.I do like the idea of nationalising Water & Energy industry infrastructure but operated by private, none profit companies. Don't want to go back to state employees in large numbers able to hold country to ransom with wages, terms & conditions etc.

When Ed Miliband stabbed his brother Dave Miliband in the back by getting unions & members to back him (not elected MP's) he then changed labour voting system in their favour to give more power to Unions/Membership and away from the elected MP's.

When MP's wanted to get rid of Corbyn they couldn't because the militant Momentum membership & Unions now had more power to block what the elected MP's wanted which is why he is still here even though he as nearly the lowest rating of any potential leader.

From the electorate (my) perspective it is the MP's that should have the main power over selecting the Labour leadership. They are the ones we can vote in & out. Any idiot with extreme views can pay their few quid to join the Labour Party diluting the sensible membership and the Union leaders that hold large sway are normally just the biggest gobsh*te that has worked his way through the union representing a membership that just pays their weekly/monthly fee with little interest who heads it (from my experience in industry in Big Lens union).

So, Labour has some serious issues that even getting rid of team Corbyn might not solve while Momentum has their claws into the running of it. (was Militant in 70's & 80's)

I've voted Labour more than any party in my life but I couldn't vote for them now. When my 80 yo mother who must have been born with a red stripe through her spine and has blindly voted labour all her life isn't voting Labour that says it all really. I live in Miners & steelworkers backyard in South Yorkshire and have never heard as many Labour supporters looking at alternatives to voting Labour.

They should get money and lobbying out of politics,  with recognised/approved parties funded by taxation. We could then have a Labour type party not controlled by Unions & a Conservative type party not controlled by big money/corporations.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:41:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes, the only thing getting rid of Corbyn now is either Corbyn himself or Momentum removing support. Both should change their tune after the election, if polls are to be believed. However, there's still a chance he could dig his claws in, even after a defeat. Just depends on how bad the result is/ how stubborn he is.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:41:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Hate is the wrong word. If he came to my house this afternoon, I’d offer him tea.
The problem with Corbyn is that he is an idealistic old fool. His ideas are from the 60s and 70s and they didn’t work then. Almost the whole country was in the grip of the unions and was bankrupt. Sick man of Europe etc. We don’t want to go back to that. Nationalising everything is a bad idea. It leads in poor work practices and management. When things go wrong, the government has to put more money in or face strike action.
As for his ideas on disarmament, well that was another throw back from the old days and CND.
He is at his best on a soap box, protesting. Just not the right man to run a country.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 21:41:58 Mobile | Show all posts
thanks, guys...

makes you wonder why they don't get a more popular leader (tho, don't ask me who..)

maybe we'll dins out by xmas

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 21:41:59 Mobile | Show all posts
They tried but the unions and College VSBs saved him from the gallows setup for him from his own MPs

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:42:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Translation: his MPs gave him a vote of no confidence, but that has no effect without the support of the party members who voted him in.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 21:42:01 Mobile | Show all posts
I sexed it up abit

Just like I will be sexing up Bozo & Nidges election Campaigns!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 21:42:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Boris gets voted in by Tory members why should the labour party be any different.
When Corbyn became leader it saw its membership rise massively.
Was that due to unions or was it the message he was bringing to the table.
A message of change and something different.
People hark in about the 70's and 80's of unions and having to much power.
Inflation was running at like 30% by the end of the 70s private sector pay was booming yet public sector pay was on hold by the then labour government due to inflation.
I'm happy people are critical of Israel I have many Jewish friends who are also critical of Israeli foreign policy.
Does that mean JC is an antisemite no not for me I don't think he's at all racist either.
As for the terrorist links and what not he's provided explanations for everything.
Seems if your a Tory your allowed to meet the IRA and have discussions on how to move forward towards a peace process.
Or even run as an MP for the Tories if you have links with the IRA.
But God forbid JC having a conversation with some difficult people.
I see Gorbachev was on the BBC today saying there should be no nuclear weapons in the world at all.
I'm also happy to get rid of nuclear deterrent.
Waste of money.
I'll be voting for JC he's not a racist I don't think he can be bought and has been on the right side of voting in parliament for the last 30 years.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部