Author: Bl4ckGryph0n

EU Wants to control how you drive

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 22:16:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Trimble works off tracking where you go and what average speed you did on it. So sometimes I'm "keeping up with traffic" then notice that's actually above the speed limit so then I go under the speed to even it out. Probably frustrating if you were behind me and I'm now going under. Details of "bad behaviour" goes to your employer as a spreadsheet.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
How many years do we give it until they monetise it?

“Safety cameras” were just supposed to be in accident blackspots to start off with weren’t they? Now they’re everywhere they can make money off them.

Use magic Report

ESCAPE project launches positioning module for autonomous driving
Not sure the above link needs to go in Autonomous Driving but fits here. Tied in with the others stuff, more links in that link.

Like a lot of people I think, I have often come across limits in my GPS app that are wrong, new roads not on the mapping etc. I expect there to be legal implications for the driver at some point, they will have to get this accurate.

There is another issue this cannot fix and that is poorly laid out roads, though the automous braking could find a few people in a hedge. Not straightening the tarmac, can't go around sorting out that all the time, it will cost millions but the signage and speed posted and junction layout. A lot of the rural roads in the UK, where the data says most accidents happen, better design will help with reducing accidents.

They are also sticking it in your phones.
New Regulation mandates Galileo capability for all smartphones sold in the EU
I can live with that if it is used to tell on people using their phones whilst driving.

And who needs this?
Low Cost GNSS and Computer Vision Fusion for Accurate Lane Level Navigation and Enhanced Automatic Map Generation
Just stick to the middle lane on a motorway as every sod does now......

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 22:16:56 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes, because no one who was ever a passenger in a car used a mobile phone ever, nor those who have a factory fitted hands free kit.

The erosion of civil liberties here is, frankly, terrifying. Not least because of where it leads in the future. How about a Siri/Alexa type app that monitors audio constantly, and can automatically report you for 'hate speech', an intemperate comment, or criticising your political leaders.

All for public safety of course.... Who can object to that ?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.....

And of course, there's plenty of funding for all this crap, whilst OAP's freeze to death in winter for lack of heating, we've got fewer police officers on the street than ever before despite a nation stabbing crisis, and we can't fund our health services properly, and my generation is likely to work until we drop as pensions are soo delayed and worth so little....

Interesting set of priorities they've got there.......

Use magic Report

I am aware of passengers, I bet there is a way to differentiate who is at the wheel.

Hands free, same as holding the thing.

Use magic Report

No it's not and its not illegal either.....

Use magic Report

Your brain disconnects from the real world in a conversation in a car on the phone. If you were found to be distracted by the bluetooth call then you will still be up in front of the beak.

The law was fudged for a populist vote. It should have been taking any calls no matter what, I expect the industry did a bit of clever lobbying to get hands free off the list. The mobile phone law was daft, there was already a law to deal with distractions.

Someone making a call on hands free is still a risk to themselves and other road users, that includes pedestrians etc.

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 22:16:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Perhaps best not to have any passengers on board, especially not babies

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 22:16:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Distraction is a distraction. The level at which it distracts is the thing and the ability of the driver to deal with it.

Passengers, you disengage when required. In a remote conversation you get a disconnect from your surroundings as your brain digs into a call with no one there, that is more distraction than a conversation with a passenger. Problem now is many people see their phone as a right. They are fortunate at the moment that many people avoid the ones on the blower saving them from accidents. However there are tragedies.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 22:16:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes, and of course all emergency services should be banned form using any communications equipment whilst driving. They should have to pull over and stop when radioing back to base. All music players and radios should be removed from cars, passengers allot be seated in an anechoic chamber so you cannot disturb the driver.....

The usual totalitarian crap. It might hurt someone - Ban it Ban it Ban it !!!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部