Author: Bl4ckGryph0n

EU Wants to control how you drive

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 22:16:42 Mobile | Show all posts
You are joking, it's chauffeur driven cars and private jets.

European Commission spends millions on private jets, luxury holidays and cocktail parties

Commissioners travelled in limousines, stayed in five star hotels and splashed out on lavish gifts including Tiffany jewellery as their member states faced savage budget cuts and rising EU taxes.

At the same time deciding our cities are too polluted for ordinary people to use cars and vans and governments need to bring in tolls for entering them.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

And a good move but there are still ways around it (though only a few I think now and operators that are shall we say a tad dodgy?). But the main thrust takes the onus away from the driver and should make the operator better plan options and staff rota. Operators can get hammered when regs are broke.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I drive vans, minibuses, and Cat C. All is covered and tracked. Once it was decided it was a good idea by those on high, the lot was done.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I did say the ones still in the grey areas that aren't covered by regulations.

I can guarantee there are sales reps and other types of jobs where you do have to visit different sites that are not covered - for example many types of software/hardware callout's that require onsite as part of the job but not as a primary role. Even top end software and hardware companies have done this for years by having adhoc teams to cover project supports and upgrades where someone who is usually sat at a desk ends up having to get on a plane or drive across the country - but it's not covered by any formal adhered to structure.
It's "can you pop over to Oxford on Tues" to work out of another office or site for a few days etc.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 22:16:43 Mobile | Show all posts
It's much more than a trade organisation, of course.
Is a deliberate misrepresentation of what the EU's remit is.
In what way is there a huge adverse impact on our lives?

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 22:16:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Which is exactly what the problem is

Not when compared to how it started and what the original aims and remit was.

Government control, little steps at a time. Total nanny state and we pay for the privilege to have others exert that control over us.

Use magic Report

25-11-2019 22:16:43 Mobile | Show all posts
I'll ask the usual suspects to not use new threads to continue old arguments. Its getting old and I WILL remove your posting ability in this area if it carries on. First and only warning.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 22:16:44 Mobile | Show all posts
And imagine the headlines "snowflake sues car company because it did not warn it that it was speeding because Sat Nav data was not up to date"

Cheers,

Nigel

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-11-2019 22:16:44 Mobile | Show all posts
much of this smacks of QT banana woman nonsense to me

Use magic Report

Author| 25-11-2019 22:16:44 Mobile | Show all posts
That is indeed one of the many issues I've got with this system. There is less and less reliance and dependency on driver paying attention. I'm actually much more a fan of environments where all guides are taken away and drivers actually have to do it themselves.

Unless fully autonomous vehicles become a reality, which undoubtedly they will, these kind of middle ground 'solutions' don't benefit anybody in my opinion.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部