Author: Cliff

London’s murder rate continues upwards

[Copy link]
26-11-2019 00:25:37 Mobile | Show all posts
You couldn't begin to comprehend how ridiculous your statement is...

Anyway, it is typical Mayor Khan...always someone else fault...He is the mayor, go fix it. Go establish the tools that he requires to do the job. It is time he gets his act together and actually does something besides resort to twitter...

PS. Nothing wrong with twitter if he actually did his day job as well.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:25:38 Mobile | Show all posts
Really, how so ?

Your attempting to bully with bluff and bluster does not change the facts.
Some people seem desperate to hold the Mayor responsible for not using that tool in a way he was not allowed to use it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:25:39 Mobile | Show all posts
We have a ceremonial mayor we don't need another. He has the tools, the Met Police. He should use them in an effective way to tackle street knifings. If he needs extra funding for more police, then he needs to show how they are going to be used. If the plans are look effective, then maybe they will be approved. But so far his message (I think?) is to reduce stop and search- because it unfairly targets 'minorities', or at least it was.
He may have other ideas as well- but I don't hear them. When we have a weekend of stabbings and a shooting he should be on top of this. We want to hear what he is doing about it. But instead its all about him and Trump.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:25:39 Mobile | Show all posts
But Trump started it, Miss...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:25:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Hang on - he is in charge of London's policing and you are claiming that the Home Office imposed a rule that exploded violent crime in London and yet he said nothing?

Sounds pretty thin...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:25:41 Mobile | Show all posts
I've posted directly to @Cliff on this before and for some unknown reason he focuses on 'minorities' (I don't know why I deserve ' ' as I'm a minority too) not being stopped and searched.  Perhaps if he criticised non-minority Government ministers for fuelling the drug trade directly through their use of Class A susbtances we'd have more of a solution by now.

Here's some links for people who actually want to learn something, rather than start yet another thread on the same thing so that people outside of London who don't even really like London can comment on stuff that has no effect on them.

Gangs, mules and stabbings: The story behind county lines

County lines gangs: how drug-running is fuelling knife crime

Boy detained over 'brutal' drugs stabbing

Airbnbs used as drug dens by expanding ‘county lines’ gangs, officials reveal

Children dealing drugs 'to provide for their families' in UK, report finds

"County lines" drug dealers guilty of stabbing man in Harrogate and supplying cocaine - North Yorkshire Police

'You've got to survive': How stabbings and shootings have become part of life for child drug runners

Stabbings soar of children forced into county lines cocaine trade

‘Unprecedented levels of VIOLENCE’ - ‘County-lines gangs’ are TERRORISING small town UK

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:25:42 Mobile | Show all posts
What's the issue? It is mainly the black community that is suffering from these crimes. It not all  drug related either.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:25:43 Mobile | Show all posts
'minorities' is the issue.  Do you write it that way the 'majority' of the time? Is there a 'reason' to write it like that?

Apart from drugs, what, in your opinion, is the issue, based on your experience of the situation?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:25:44 Mobile | Show all posts
There is no mystery to this - just look at who are committing these crimes and who are the victims. I used the PC term minority, the inverted commas are mine because I don’t like the term as it is deliberately vague- and not helpful, especially if you are trying to target and solve a problem.

You ask me my opinion on the issue- whether drugs or something else. That is not the right question for me as a Londoner who is not in anyway connected with gangs, drugs or law enforcement and have absolutely no powers to do anything about it. But I do have an elected Mayor whose job it is to look after us.

My issue as a resident is that the streets are not safe. Some of the attacks are random. I have children growing up in this environment. The violence is spreading to the suburbs. Just look at the locations last weekend.
And we have elected a mayor who is doing nothing and by all accounts is utterly useless.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:25:45 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for the clarification.

re: the bits I've highlighted in bold.  You said with some degree of certainty that it's not all drug related.  So I asked what else it is and you deflected away by saying that's not the right question.  I don't get it.  

You claim the mayor is not tackling the knife crime issue
I offer up evidence as to why it's a tough nut to crack.  
You say the evidence is not complete and the crimes relate to other stuff.
I ask what other stuff.  
You decline to answer.

I can't do much else.

I grew up and still live in the London Borough of Sutton, my parents in Croydon.  Specifically to where we live in our respective boroughs, I'd say with some positivity that we've not got the issues of unsafe streets, at least they're no less safe than 5 years ago, 10 years ago, heck even 30 years ago when I was a teenager growing up in LB Sutton.  It saddens me that in whichever part of London you live, you believe the streets are unsafe.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部