Author: tapzilla2k

Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:29:58 Mobile | Show all posts
I watched the select committe and tbh Tom Watson breezed through it, apologised again to Lady Brittan. What it seems to be is the Tories decided to play party politics merely because Watson became deputy leader of the Labour party. The only other thing to say about Brittan is that over police inquiries are ongoing that may or may not involve him in some way and it's been quite premature to to rake through this. There are likely to be criminal trials looming. Also Tom Watson said due to the coverage of him, it's lead to more people coming forward to his office.  
Police investigations have been expanded -
Police probe 13 more politicians over claims of child sex abuse | ExaroNews

Also John Mann has the Dickens dossier, or at least part of it. Which he has or will hand over to the police. Begs the question if Mann can get a copy of it from the original source (by the sounds of it) then how did Peter Wanless not find a copy ? Something does not add up. But that's for the Police and CSA Inquiry to uncover.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:29:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Watson got his arse handed to him by the Met. From the live blog:

He said he had no intention to undermine the investigation by writing a letter raising concerns about decisions that had been taken.

• Mr Watson is told by Keith Vaz, the chairman of the Home Affairs Select Committee, "you're not Sherlock Holmes" before being asked if it was his job to host interviews with alleged abuse victims at his office.

• Asked if he feels he overstepped the mark or has betrayed DCI Settle, he says he had no intention to "affect his career".

• Mr Watson apologises to Lady Brittan: "I am very sorry for the distress caused and I'm very sorry for her wider family. I know they are very angry. They clearly loved Leon Brittan very much. I feel the people's voices were not heard and I felt responsibility for that and I hope they can understand that."

• "I certainly don't want to take part in baseless witch hunts. I wasn't aware that he [DCI Settle] had written that. I don't quite know what he meant by that judgement. I have only heard what has been said today and I haven't seen the evidence that police have collected."

• He admits he did not consult the police before publishing a Daily Mirror article in which he referred to Lord Brittan's name. He said it was "not the case at all" that he was merely promoting his own political interests by publishing the article.

• He said it was "not factually correct" to say that he only publicly talked about allegations surrounding Conservative MPs but not those of Labour politicians.

• Mr Watson said the police were "concerned" that the public needed reassurance that the police could do their job and had asked him for help - that was why he created a page on his website encouraging people to come forward with abuse allegations.

• "I do not accept I was trying to micro-manage the policy inquiry."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:30:00 Mobile | Show all posts
I watched the entire Home Affair's select committee hearing, what you've quoted there is cherry picking of the session to fit a media narrative. Watson did not have his arse handed to him on a plate. If anyone did it was DCI Settle via Deputy Assistant Commissioner Steve Rodhouse.
See Peter Jukes (@peterjukes) on Twitter twitter feed for more info. You may have to do some digging though.

#HASC hearing (with tweets) · thetuftii

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:30:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Pernicious staged managed reporting, not so much with Tom Watson, he is tough enough, the man who took on the Murdoch empire! He just happens to be a convenience, strangely. It's to undermine the confidence of people coming forward and standing by information handed over!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:30:01 Mobile | Show all posts
John Mann from yesterday, worth a listen John Mann MP - Wanless Review and the Dickens file

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:30:02 Mobile | Show all posts
He's now to do a written apology.

Tom Watson To Apologise To Leon Brittan's Widow

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:30:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Looks like the establishment have formulated plans into paedophiles, no doubt for public confidence and national security, BBC drops it Child protection procedures from terms of reference from own inquiry into Jimmy Saville!

Jimmy Savile: BBC restricts Smith review’s terms of reference | ExaroNews

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:30:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Either way the report that has been made about Savile is making BBC Management poop itself by the sounds of things. As I may have said before it appears only small sections of it need to be redacted to protect on going police investigations. But due to charter renewal the speculation goes that BBC Management are desperate for it not to be released before that is concluded.

There should be an update from the CSA Inquiry on it's progress this Friday.

Anyway the numbers of survivors out there will likely crush any attempt to cover this up in the long run. I believe Labour and the Conservatives will be pretty much screwed if there has been a cover up stretching decades. The attempts to keep this from turning into a scandal are similar to what went on over phone hacking until the Guardian shattered that.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 00:30:05 Mobile | Show all posts
Just heard on the news that lord janner has died aged 87 he had suffered from Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementia. RIP.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 00:30:06 Mobile | Show all posts
No trial of the facts now then.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules