Author: nabby

Why does the West have an increasing anti-semitism issue?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:50:48 Mobile | Show all posts
That just shows you the difference between perception and reality:

83% of Jewish people perceive Labour as too tolerant of antisemitism.
32% of Labour agree with antisemitic statements.

19% of Jewish people perceive the Conservative's as too tolerant of antisemitism.
40% of Conservatives agree with antisemitic statements.

The average percentage of the adult population that actually hold antisemitic views is 36%.

Regardless of whether you nit pick over Party/Members/Supporters, there is clearly a significant disconnect between peoples actual antisemitic views and the perception of who is antisemitic.

I would argue that the fact that 36% of the adult population holding antisemitic views is still very worrying even if it has gone down from far higher numbers.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:50:48 Mobile | Show all posts
Uncontrolled immigration was about numbers. It wasn't about targeting one particular group and saying nasty things about them. So I don't think your comparison is valid.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:50:49 Mobile | Show all posts
Maybe that great Ambassador, Grorge Soros has increased unpolularity.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 26-11-2019 01:50:49 Mobile | Show all posts
It's a view, and in my opinion, a dodge. To reduce anti-semitism to "targeting one particular group and saying nasty things about them" kind of misses the point of the thread, I'd say.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Could the changing demographic not be fueling the rise of Anti-Semitism?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Unless I have mistaken what you wrote, how does "I had to vote for Brexit to safeguard my job equate to "plain racism"?

Sorry, but this is plain wrong. Whilst the original "windrush" migration was due to a post-war labour shortage, the uncontrolled mass immigration of the Blair and Brown administration was not due to a "big picture" of job vacancies, in the NHS or elsewhere. As many suspected, and as Peter Mandleson confirmed in 2010 in both print media and on The Sunday Politics, Labour's immigration policy was not about multiculturalism, diversity, or labour; it was a cynical attempt to manipulate the voting demographic by - literally - importing a huge number of migrants, most of them whom would be unable to find work, sustaining them on benefits, and then playing the "nasty [Tory] party" card in an election; vote Labour, because the Tories will cut benefits and/or deport you.

Mandleson admitted this in summer 2010 after Labour's election defeat.

Please do not tar all people who voted to leave the EU with the racist brush. This was the tactic used by Labour to avoid any discussion of immigration between 2001-2010; anyone who even mentioned "immigration" was shouted down as a racist, thus disenfranchising large numbers of the electorate, let alone stifling debate in House of Commons when MPs were branded as such. I voted to leave, I am not racist; my vote was for a country to determine its own future, its own legislation, its own trade, and its own immigration policy. Uncontrolled immigration is not sustainable, and is leading to cultural submersion. Have a read of "The Strange Suicide of Europe" for a dispassionate view of the effects of uncontrolled immigration, the rise of Islamic culture in the West,  the unreported crimes committed by Muslims against non-Muslims in Western cities - a woman was stoned to death in Paris, and remarkably was never reported , for example - and the sheer propaganda surrounding immigration: remember the front-page pictures of that poor wee drowned kid being carried out of the Med a few years back? Nothing could be further from the truth; the family were not refugees, they were not fleeing from Syria, and they did not capsize in the Med. They were Turkish, the father had a paying job in Turkey, and the child drowned a few hundred yards off a Turkish beach.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
26-11-2019 01:50:50 Mobile | Show all posts
According to the information provided earlier, it is clear that the majority of those Voting leave do not agree with antisemitic statements.
So with regards to taring people with the racist brush at least regarding this subject of this thread, that being antisemitism, no one should be implying leave voters are antisemitic.

However, what is also clear, is that Leave voters are more likely to hold antisemitic opinions(42%) than the national average(36%) and 150% as likely than Remain voters(28%).

Ergo, it is not unreasonable to suggest there is a significantly greater prevailence of antisemitism amongst those who voted Leave.

** That in no way indicates that I am saying Leave voters are antisemitic - I am simply pointing out the higher recorded prevalence of antisemitism than the average for the adult population.**

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
So, "the majority of those voting leave do not agree with antisemitic statements", but "Leave voters are more likely to hold antisemitic opinions" and "there is a...prevailence of antisemitism amongst those who voted Leave"

So, Leavers do not agree with anti-semitic statements are but are anti-semitic? Like closet anti-semites?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Could you post a link to this TB or maybe i'm not reading this correct...42% of leave voters and 28% of remain voters hold what opinions
More likely means nothing either people have these opinions or they don't...
As for the national average 36% ,,,where do all these stats come from

Use magic Report

Agreed - source please.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部